Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • 29er forks
  • ceekay
    Free Member

Just starting to build a 29er after a shot on a mates and have become a convert.
    Building to a budget so have been looking at the Manitou Minute29 and also the new revamped Suntour range, the Raidon and Epicon. Maybe a bit early to get an idea of reliability on the Suntours but has anybody had any issues with the Manitou.
    Cheers

lipseal
    Free Member

I’ve got a set of Manitou’s with 20mm axel, but had to fit the firm spring as the medium(standard)was too soft for me(fat)..

mboy
    Free Member

Plenty of older (05-08) 29er Reba’s kicking about on ebay the last few weeks… I’ve got a set on my 29er Inbred, they’re basically as reliable and tunable as the normal 26″ version, and as easy to work on. People say they’re flexy, but I’ve not really noticed it to be honest.

boxelder

Don’t discount carbon rigid forks – more capable than you might expect, lighter, cheaper, nicer looking and easier to look after (sort of like the ideal woman??)

cynic-al
    Free Member

Don’t discount carbon rigid forks – more capable than you might expect, lighter, cheaper, nicer looking and easier to look after (sort of like the ideal woman??)

Don’t forget quite a bit rougher.

MrTall
    Free Member

I have a set of the Epicons and they’ve been very good so far. Can’t tell a huge difference between them and my reba teams and reba sl’s. Biggest downside is that they are 15mm bolt thru only so you’ll need a wheel to match.

If you do a search, Clubber did a big review of them a while back. coastkid off here runs a set also.

nobber
    Free Member
    Sam

Minutes are the best 29er fork for the money available IMO.

drofluf
    Free Member

I got a pair of Rockshox Toras from On-One for £180 a month or so back which give a very smooth ride. Worth a check to see if they have any left.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘29er forks’ is closed to new replies.