Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • 29" XC/Trail Hardtail frame reccomendation
  • snotrag

Done a million times I’m sure. Looking to build an all new bike for the first time in ages, going to try big wheels, get some decent 10spd kit, try a dropper post etc. All my old kit is wearing out and feeling very old. Currently on 2010 Anthem X with a 120mm RS, wide bars, big brakes.

Kinesis FF29 is really appealing but right a top of budget, would likely have to be 2nd hand (not a problem if I found one). Ditto for Solaris and highball.

Really like the idea of this Genesis, more like my kind of money. Means more left over for parts –

http://www.genesisbikes.co.uk/bikes/mountain/frames/high-latitude-frame

Ragley Big-wig a bit chunky, Inbred a bit leaden, Giant XTC 29 a bit steep and racy.

Had all the good cheap steel hardtails in the past few years (3x PAs, an Alpine, a BFE, an old genesis etc).But not dead set on steel at all – would like to try an Alu bike so long as its more ‘trail-ish’ than pure hardcore XC.

To build with solid, mid-range kit, SLX, superstar wheels, 2nd hand 120mm Rockshox fork etc…

Any obvious things I’ve missed?

richieokeefe1
    Free Member

I have a bigwig and it’s great for xc 🙂 with 120mm forks it has a 68deg head angle and wide bars dropper post it’s fun to ride 🙂 pedals well for the weight . Under 28lbs 1x 11 set up and hope hoops

alandavidpetrie79
    Free Member

2Souls QH?

Sorry, just noticed your on a budget…..

Will keep the pic up anyway 😉

YoKaiser
    Free Member

Second hand Scandal?

danti

On One Parkwood

slackman99
    Free Member

Dartmoor Primal 29?

takisawa2

That Genesis.
    Based on the colour alone. 🙂

klunky
    Free Member

http://m.pinkbike.com/news/Trek-Stache-8-Tested-2013.html

I have that in a 19″ For sale. Looking for £200 for the frame (selling wheels too)

Mint condition

Rosss
    Free Member

Genesis is lovely but 27.2 post means the majority of the ‘better’ droppers won’t fit

drovercycles
    Free Member

We’re selling our Genesis High Latitude 2×10 ex-hire bikes at the moment if you fancy a bargain – they’re in good nick and well maintained.

Plenty of dropper posts for 27.2 – X-Fusion and KS probably the better ones.

I have my own High Latitude too – great bike.

Rorschach
    Free Member

Sams re-doing the Buzzard.Lighter,longer,lower….might even be this year.

mboy
    Free Member

What size FF29 would you be after if buying one? My GF is tempted to part with hers right now for something else…

Clink

Voodoo Bizango ticks all of your boxes (and yes I have a frame for sale!). Designed for 120mm forks, great geo (very positive reviews over 2 years). I had a FF29 and found it too steep – the Bizango rides so much better.

MBR Review

http://singletrackworld.com/forum/topic/fs-29er-frames-voodoo-roadrat-ff-29er-forks-rsmanitou

snotrag

Klunky – emailed you.

Mboy – couldn’t find an email on your profile – it would probably be a medium I’d want, not looked at the sizing or ever sat on one though.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

The topic ‘29" XC/Trail Hardtail frame reccomendation’ is closed to new replies.