Viewing 24 posts - 1 through 24 (of 24 total)
  • 29+ Frames
  • bigdugsbaws
    Free Member

Are there any aluminium/carbon 29+ frames out yet? I cant seem to find any but something may have slipped under the radar, i was sure On One had something in the pipeline.

YoKaiser
    Free Member

Some fat bikes have 29+ clearance but I can’t think of anything specific.

takisawa2

Was going to say ROS9+ but turns out that’s cro mo. 😐
    Can’t think of any others.

dirtyrider
    Free Member

Carbon Beargrease

bigdugsbaws
    Free Member

Ros 9+ looks ace but wrong colour and sadly no frame only option.

Andy

Mukluk 2013 onwards (Alternators) takes 29+

scotroutes

How about Titanium? Travers Bikes could sort you out.

ijs445ra
    Free Member

You want to get a nice Ti Travers Rudy Fat 😀

Edit: Beaten to it, i like ScotRoutes thinking

bigdugsbaws
    Free Member

Now i like the mukluc idea, 2 bikes in one 😀

scotroutes

The Travers Fat Race will handle fat and 29+ as well. With Salsa prices being what they are, you might find the Travers cost quite surprising.

Pretty sure there are a few others too (like the 9zero7)

Andy

Now i like the mukluc idea, 2 bikes in one

That’s what I’ve done with 2 pairs of wheels 😉

TimCotic
    Free Member

I think I could get a 29+ tire in the Cromoto fork on the front of my Salsa El-Mariachi Ti.

JohnClimber
    Free Member

ijs445ra – Member
    You want to get a nice Ti Travers Rudy Fat

traversbikes
    Free Member

Yes I have a number of titanium frames that can handle the 29+ wheels size, The Fat Race which is a 26″ Fat Bike frame that can handle a 29+ wheels and makes an ideal summer bike then put the 26″ back on for the winter. I also have 2 dedicated 29+ frames the Rudy Fat which is a standard derailleur gear frame or the Angus which is designed to be a single speed or Rohloff hub geared bike. http://www.traversbikes.com

SidewaysTim

The 9:ZERO:7 sliding dropout frame will take 29+, along with hub gears, belt drive, derailliers, 4″ fat tyres too. It’s pretty versatile. The 190mm frames will all take 29+ too.

ijs445ra
    Free Member

How does a 26″ fat bike running 29+ wheels compare to a dedicated 29+ on the trail, is the geo ok with the bigger wheels?

ajantom

Any reason why steel isn’t a goer? Is it just the weight? My Krampus isn’t a heavy bike, and you could get a custom steel frame from someone like Shand or Rourke (Shand did a lovely Fat frame for someone on here if I remember rightly).
    Before I bought the Krampus I did think about getting a Pugsley, as they can handle 29+ as well as fat tyres. But with a fat frame you start getting into non-standard BB and hub widths, and I preferred to keep it all standard as much as possible.

Paceman
    Free Member

^^^ Great photo of the 29+ Ti Travers Rudy Fat ^^^ :mrgreen:

dirtyrider
    Free Member

“My Krampus isn’t a heavy bike”

neither is mine

takisawa2

Is that reading in kg dirtyrider… 😀

rOcKeTdOg

+ no front wheel

Bregante

Course it’s got a front wheel.

It’s just resting on the ground.

Paceman
    Free Member

^^ Spoil sports ^^ 😆

My Krampus weighs in at 29lbs running XT 1×10 with the standard Surly Rabbit Hole wheels and Knard tyres. More importantly it rides light for a bike with most of its weight in the wheels/tyres. The geometry is spot on with the 29+ tyres which makes the bike a pleasure to ride.

Yeah a couple of pounds off the weight would help with the climbs and when accelerating but it really doesn’t make that much difference when you’re steamrollin’ through the woods 😀

ajantom

Ok maybe it’s not a lightweight 😉 but as above it doesn’t ride like a heavy bike. It feels just right.
    I’ll go and weigh it……

…..ok, 31.22 lbs on the fishing scales, but that’s with front and rear guards, a half full water bottle, and a frame bag with normal riding stuff in. So probably take off 3 or 4 lbs for all that crap?

Viewing 24 posts - 1 through 24 (of 24 total)

The topic ‘29+ Frames’ is closed to new replies.