Viewing 7 posts - 41 through 47 (of 47 total)
  • 29+ curious… Show me your 29ers running big rims and/or tyres
  • tasteslikeburning
    Free Member

My trail bike with 35mm carbon rims.

JohnClimber
    Free Member

futon river crossing – Member

Holy crap – the BB looks really high on that! Loving the look of it though! How does the rear end compare to a normal high vol 29er tyre?

It’s an EBB so could be lowered a about 1/2″ if needed as it is at the top ATM.

As for rear end clearance the Angus/Rudy Fat is built for mud (unlike the USA made 29er+’s)

Paceman
    Free Member

What tyre pressures are you guys running with the Surly Knard? I’m using a standard tube and running at 11psi on mine, would like to try a little lower but worried about snakebite punctures.

ssboggy

[/url]DSC_0099 by ssboggy1, on Flickr[/img]

Just borrowed some Swift forks and a Knard off a mate to try on the front of the singlespeed, only done a couple of rides so far but lovin it.

Pressure is about 15psi and running tubeless

martinh
    Free Member

Paceman – I usually run 10-11 but have been as low as 9 without a problem so far. Not ridden anything rocky at 9 though, only roots

Paceman
    Free Member

Cheers guys, good advice, around 10psi is looking like the sweetspot for rooty woodland singletrack 😀

Paceman
    Free Member

Hit our local woodland singletrack trails this morning following heavy rain most of the night. Still can’t quite believe the amount of grip I had from running the Surly Rabbit Hole and Knard combo up front, it just wouldn’t let go despite the greasy loam and wet sodden roots. A true revelation 😀

Viewing 7 posts - 41 through 47 (of 47 total)

The topic ‘29+ curious… Show me your 29ers running big rims and/or tyres’ is closed to new replies.