• This topic has 47 replies, 25 voices, and was last updated 8 years ago by Rich.
Viewing 8 posts - 41 through 48 (of 48 total)
  • 27.2 dropper post?
  • honourablegeorge

TurnerGuy – Member

otherwise I have to stand for the whole of the singletrack, which I may not want to. especially if it not all downhill.

If only there was some way of moving your seat up for when you want to sit and down for going downhill

nickjb
    Free Member

If only there was some way of moving your seat up for when you want to sit and down for going downhill

But if that was the only two options then a dropper post wouldn’t be as useful IMO. If you have your post set for a good climbing position when fully up then it’d be too high for singletrack riding so you drop it and its too low to sit on, hence the need for a mid position

Retrodirect
    Free Member

I have an rsp dropper. It’s taught me that I never want to ride a bike without a dropper again, it’s also taught me never to buy a shite one again.

The main bushing wobbles nearly a mm in the housing, which means the saddle has a solid 5mm forward and backward play. a bunch of rotational play. I think the alu housing is stretching under use, loosening up around the bushing. I’m waiting for it to fail spectacularly.

AVOID

TurnerGuy
    Free Member

Raleigh Special Products…

cartwheels

phutphutend
    I’m interested in details of the gd you have for sale.
    I’m having no luck with your email address .
    Mine is gogetcarter(AT)live(DOT)co(DOT)uk
    Cheers

LoCo
    Free Member

Have just ordered a KS E Ten for my new Highball 😀
    Seems to be best mix of price & reliability wanted external routing too so can swap between posts, (have a USE vybe suspension post and carbon post too.)

russyh
    Free Member

I had the E-ten R on my old Kona, the post itself was bullet proof. However the actuator arm and pin always bunged up with crap meaning it would drop mid ride when muddy. A real problem in the UK. Easy enough to fix but in my opinion needs some kind of mudguard for reliable operation.

Rich
    Free Member

I’m trying to decide between the KS E Ten and the Transx post.

Viewing 8 posts - 41 through 48 (of 48 total)

The topic ‘27.2 dropper post?’ is closed to new replies.