Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • 26mm flat ended socket, where from?
  • votchy
    Free Member

Can’t find a flat faced 26mm socket to remove the top caps off my fork legs, adjustable spanner does not have enough purchase, any ideas where I can get one? Alternatively, with only a 6″ angle grinder at my disposal can I grind the face of a normal socket flat?

As an aside, what is it with American companies using these dodgy sizes? Ford use 7mm allen bolts on their brakes, standard sizes are 6 and 8, Fox use 26mm top caps, standard sizes are 24, 25 and 27, muppets.

JonEdwards
    Free Member

Just grind it down.

6″ angle grinder will be a piece of piss. I’ve done them by hand before and it ain’t that difficult.

bassspine
    Free Member

motor companies use odd sizes to stop people doing their own maintenance.
    another example Renault like to use the 15mm socket – made of merde du cheval rockee

pantsonfire
    Free Member

Your right 26mm is an odd size it might be an AF American Fine imperial size that measures to 26mm. You might be able to get a 26mm box spanner.

uplink
    Free Member

You need a box spanner

coatesy
    Free Member

Go to a proper tool shop, they’ll get you one in the correct type easily, but you’ll still have to grind the face flat though.
    Try tooled-up.com, part no.15315. Don’t be tempted to go for a wall drive if they’re for Fox forks either as it loads up on the thin part of the nut and may damage it.

T1000
    Free Member

pantsonfire is right, i use a 1″ AF socket

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘26mm flat ended socket, where from?’ is closed to new replies.