Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • 262mm spokes…what rims/hubs for 26" or 650b?
  • kazafaza
    Free Member

Yes I know, I shouldn’t start the wheel build from the end but I’ve got some nice 262mm spokes and was wondering if anyone knows what rims/hubs would allow me to use these for a disc single speed 26″ or 650b wheels?

I don’t care much about 6 bolt or centre lock, cup’n’cones or cartridge bearings, ss specific hub or standard(happy to use converter) but the cheaper the better(certainly no CK or DT 240 goodness), would consider 2nd hand matching sets rims/hubs.

I’d prefer 3 cross lacing pattern, I’m happy for the spokes to be +/- 1mm.

Thanks for your help!

schmiken

For 3 cross you’ll have to do it 26″.

kazafaza
    Free Member

Perhaps anyone know about the spoke calculator that works backwards? 😉

kazafaza
    Free Member

OK, one of the possible options is 45mm flange hubs, 22mm & 34mm C-L and 35mm & 20mm C-R flange(front & rear) with 538mm rims when using the DT spoke chart. Hope that will help someone one day…

ash258369
    Free Member

Just built a rear wheel – xt hub/arch rim with 261mm/263mm spokes so theres one option that would work….

kazafaza
    Free Member

Great, many thanks, what XT hub was it? Any of the recent models or the M756 that had slightly taller flange?

takisawa2

You should be able to do Pro2’s on 117/119/317/319/717/719’s with no bother. Shimano Deore/XT’s (M756’s) also.

Don’t take this the wrong way but how long are your nipples ?
    12mm and you should be fine.

kazafaza
    Free Member

Thanks, will definitely keep that in mind!

Oh, and I’ve got different length nipples 😉 12 & 14mm…

ash258369
    Free Member

It was a M785 hub

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘262mm spokes…what rims/hubs for 26" or 650b?’ is closed to new replies.