Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • 26" Inbred sizing for a growing lad
  • MoreCashThanDash

MCJnr is now 5’5″ and on the cheapest 26″ wheeled Rockrider. Despite a growing teenage 12 year olds ennui with anything connected to effort, his riding is starting to come on a bit in speed and confidence.

I’m about to strip and upgrade my Soul, leaving me with a stock of old but working shiny bits which would just need a frame and some brakes to build him up something quite a bit lighter, and was wondering about tracking down a second hand Inbred frame. This might also give us a bit of dad/lad time which may be beneficial to both of us, I suspect.

I imagine he’s in between the 14″ and 16″ frame sizes. With the longer top tube, my initial thought is to get him the 14″ as the Rockrider is quite “sit up and beg”

Any experiences?

richardthird

Go by the inside leg guide on PX. My mate’s lad is going from a 24″ wheeled something to a 16″ S inbred.

That frame + Reba for £299 is a good deal!

stumpy01

What’s his inside leg? I’m 5’6 (and fully grown 😀 ) with an inside leg of 30″.

I’ve got a 16″ Inbred & reckon it’s about right. I’d have thought if you get him a 14″ he’s likely to be too small for it before long.

LapSteel
    Free Member

What he said ^^

ratcatcher

agree with stumpy I’m 5’6 and a bit have both sizes and the 14 really is too small but fun If you could source a 16″ scandal would be better, same but lighter

MoreCashThanDash

Good job I asked then….

Thanks guys

Bez

if you get him a 14″ he’s likely to be too small for it before long

Is he Benjamin Button?

stumpy_m4
    Free Member

Im 5`6 and ride a 16 inbred, just sold an immaculate 16 scandal as well !
    i do have a new 17″ voodoo wanga in the box if interested ? .. partly built then stripped … need gone asap

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘26" Inbred sizing for a growing lad’ is closed to new replies.