Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • £26 for a brand new XTR outer ring!!
  • geetee1972
    Free Member

Most of the time items on eBay sell for silly money considering the thing is used or comes without a warranty. But I just sold a brand new XTR 42t outer ring that usually retails for around £120 and it only made £26!

Anyone want to make a cheeky counter offer?

sc-xc

but you've already sold it. Or am I missing something?

iRideSpesh
    Free Member

I'll give you £40-

Email: iridespesh@gmail.com

Cheers

Three_Fish
    Free Member

Anyone want to make a cheeky counter offer?

C'mon, somebody won that fair and square. If you wanted more you should have put a reserve on it.

highclimber
    Free Member

yeah, you will only get negative feedback if you say you don't have it anymore. man up and post it to the winner

geetee1972
    Free Member

You're all right of course. I was only being flippant. It's a bit miffing but the positive way to look at it is that it 90% of the time I make way more than I thought I would so every now and then it's nice to give someone a bargain.

Three_Fish
    Free Member

eBay used to be great for genuine deals. I wheeled and dealed my way through three different bike builds about six years ago. Much depends on the quality of a listing and I would often take chances on poorly advertised parts and resell them with good pictures and clear, concise description, typically for a relatively good profit.

It's a kicker when your stuff goes for cheap, though. I had a once-used e13 chainring go for £1.24. The kid I sold it to actually apologised, although his bid had been for £15, and asked if I still wanted to sell. Like you say, it's (sometimes!) nice to give somebody a bargain – there's one waiting for you out there, for sure…

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘£26 for a brand new XTR outer ring!!’ is closed to new replies.