Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • 26" carbon forks for a 29" wheel?
  • boxelder

Which have a long enough A-C for a 2.2″ tyre?
    Or, which have long A-C.
    Thank ye

danti

Can’t really answer on A-C but run a 700c wheel with 28mm tyre on my on one 26″ carbon forks (440mm A-C) with loads of room spare.

Another site to have a look at below who have 445 and 465 A-C carbon forks which if you look on here have been well received and aren’t too pricey.

http://www.carboncycles.cc/?s=0&t=2&c=43&

miketually
    Free Member

IIRC, the 420mm I had on my Inbred would have been too short for 29er tyres, but they’re fine on a 440mm.

Shackleton

My 420mm inbred fork worked very well with an ignitor 2.1 set up as a 69er on a Dialled bikes Love/Hate. Actually worked better than a 445mm carbon fork in terms of handling. Didn’t have much crown clearance (~10mm I think) but was not so close it upset me.

If it is for a full 29er such as the TD1 then any 26″ 440/445mm rigid fork should have plenty of clearance.

DaveyBoyWonder
    Free Member

Pretty sure Mick (firestarter) used to run a 29″ front wheel in the 440mm RC31s on his old Inbred before I bought it.

boxelder

Thanks all. It’s for a Sanderson Life frame I’ve got hanging in the garage. Thinking of SS 69er. I liked the frame with 120mm sus forks (A-C ~ 490 unsagged).

andyl
    Free Member

If you liked it with 120mm forks then 440 with a 29er wheel is probably your best bet.

boxelder

My thinking too.
    danti and andyl – you’ve given me the answer – much obliged

firestarter
    Free Member

i did indeed dave. pic here 😉

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘26" carbon forks for a 29" wheel?’ is closed to new replies.