Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • 24V Cordless Drill – Recommendations please
  • Pukeko
    Free Member

I need 24V size cordless drill – SDS. Have previously used Bosch but that has died after a few years of hard work. Not sure the new Bosch are up to the same quality as old ones. Have never used chisel action so thats not really important. Seems to be loads available, hence the dilemma. Any recommendations appreciated.

maccruiskeen

I’ve been frequently disappointed with blue Bosch of late including one tool that is inherently dangerous. For me if its cordless I’ve never been disappointed by makita. But if you use it a lot give hilti some thought, a bit more outlay but endlessly and affordable repairable

rudebwoy
    Free Member

used both the makita and the hilti– the hilti packs more punch and re charges quicker– also makita batteries seem to go after a year or so, but that was using daily for a fair amount of work.So for me the Hilti wins on all counts .

shadowrider
    Free Member

I’ve been using a 36v Bosch cordless for about 2 1/2 yrs and its still going strong. Cost about £300 but its definitely earnt it’s keep. Also got a 18v Makita for the smaller jobs, also a very good drill.

TheFunkyMonkey
    Free Member

What’s your budget? I use an 18v Dewalt DC213, cracking bit of kit and every but add powerful as the Bosch and makita 36v drills, both on paper and in practice. Packs about 35% more impact energy than the 24v hilti above too

Pukeko
    Free Member

Thanks for the info so far. I have good(?) budget so looking at between £300 – £600 max. Old 24v Bosch got abused and coped ok – a life drilling 1/2in dia into concrete for days on end to having sockets attached to spin up motors. I have smaller 18V and 9V for ‘normal’ work and screwing jobs. Makita looks good, but it has been ages since using a Hilti – might see if I can get my hands on one to see how it feels.

Anyone experience much difference between 24V and 36V in terms of performance and battery life?

hmmmmm….

stavromuller
    Free Member

My 24v Makita’s batteries were pants, got a DeWalt Li-Ion 18v SDS and it’s the dogs plus got an 18v drill and impact driver set that run on the same batteries, so it’s totally good alround.

m1kea
    Free Member

Can’t help on the specific requirement but I found Toolchestdirectto be very well priced when I splashed on a load of Mak 18v kit.

Oh and what about a 18v Festool?

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘24V Cordless Drill – Recommendations please’ is closed to new replies.