Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • 24H rear hubs?
  • keppoch

A friend has a 24H rear rim (Mavic UST) that he would like to build up into a wheel again but 24H rear hubs (with 6 bolt disc mounting) seem hard to come by, does anyone know of any suppliers at non insane prices?

The wheel is off a 2005 Cannondale Prophet and the old hub has destroyed itself and is considered to be unrepairable as it would require a small spare that is likely to be near impossible to get hold of.

And suggestions appreciated.

keppoch.

keppoch

DT 340? Are they still available?

DT78
    Free Member

hope pro III is 24 I think. Not cheap though….

epicyclo

Rims cheap, hubs expensive.

Get a new rim, flog the old one on eBay.

keppoch

DT78 – I was at the bike show yesterday and spoke to the Hope stand. Apparently they do make a 24H but only as part of a Hope Hoop, not sold separatley. Shame.

epicyclo – that is beginning to look like the most likely way ahead. Mavic 819 so not that cheap. May warrant hanging around for something 24H to come up on Ebay as he has bought a cheap wheel for the interim (the end of the last wheel happened whilst on holiday).

keppoch.

epicyclo

It is possible to build a 24 rim with a 36 hub. Spoke calculations are a bit more interesting than usual though.

Or I think some tandem hubs come in 48 holes – just ignore every second hole – but they’re probably wider. OLD.

keppoch

Have now seen these hubs:

http://www.circusbike.com/circushubs.html

offered at £80 for a pair (so probably about £60 rear only).

Does anyone know anything about them or Circus bike, these seem to be about the only solution!

keppoch.

clubber
    Free Member

As has been suggested above, use a 36 hole hub – it’s actually quite easy and usually much cheaper and easier to get hold of.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘24H rear hubs?’ is closed to new replies.