Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • 2.4 UST tyres…?
  • alpin
    Free Member

ok, so after faffing with a pair of 2.4 High Roller II tyres on Mavic Deemax rims i have discovered that non-UST tyres do not work very well with UST rims.

can anyone recommend a large volume UST tyre?

cheers

J

br
    Free Member

never had a problem putting normal tyres on UST rims, but what about Bontragers XR Team?

alpin
    Free Member

are you running them tubeless?

the rear burped on me the other day and i have now been told (once on here and once by a colleague) and read somewhere that non-UST tyres are not as successful on UST rims.

i’ve found a set of 2.4 Rubber Queens for 33€ so i might do that unless i can be convinced otherwise…

househusband

How’s about some of the larger Spesh 2Bliss tyres..? They’ve worked well for me on Stans rims and XM819’s prior to me changing to Crests and Flows; and are reasonably priced, too.

alpin
    Free Member

are the rims you mention UST rims?

banks
    Free Member

Man up 😀 2.4 ust RQ on flows here, just use a finger to smear fairy liquid around the rim & the edge of the tyre, should just ease on without tyre levers & i have girl hands

alpin
    Free Member

the HRs are seated on the rims. that isn’t the problem or is burping just part of the game?

i’m going to go hacking with them tomorrow, but i’ll take a two extra tubes just in case they burp again….

br
    Free Member

Yep, tubeless on 819’s never a problem with any tyre – but UST’s are easier, just heavier.

Prefer Stans’ rims now, still tubeless.

lucien

+1 for 2.4 rubber queens

Pawsy_Bear
    Free Member

Run HR2 2.4 on stans rims no issues. Just pump them up to 45psi and leave over night using latex. Never had one burp!

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘2.4 UST tyres…?’ is closed to new replies.