Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • 24" kids bike – max budget £200
  • iamanobody
    Free Member

Whats the best for the cash – off road

ads678

Second hand Islabike probably.

You’ll not get much for £200 new. Carrera Balst is £230 ATM.
    Or this http://www.cyclelane.co.uk/m5b0s10p7763/ORBEA-MX-24-DIRT-2014 for £220, my lad has the 20″ version and I rate it highly. My daughter has an Isla Cnoc 16 and i think the Orbea’s are just as good quality wise.

bikecrack
    Free Member

24″ bike

My little cousin has this bike – Sprint APOLON 24″ – alloy frame, susp. fork Suntour, Shimano gearset, mechanical disc brakes. Sprint has very good and lightweight frame and is very cheap – £ 184

MoreCashThanDash

Second hand Carrera Blast/Luna. Loads on eBay, should have change for any upgrades wanted.

Basic spec Decathlon bikes within budget as well, son has a 26″, godson has the 24″ version. Usually deals there after Christmas as well.

For that money, second hand Hotrocks, Treks etc as well. Got my lad a perfectly serviceable if well used 24″ Hotrock off here a couple of years ago for £100, sold it on earlier this year for £75.

Leku
    Free Member

http://www.cyclesurgery.com/orbea-mx24-dirt/orbea-kids-bikes/bikes-components-bikewear/fcp-product/58066?listing=true

Only £10 over budget.

My son has a second hand Carrera Blast (£90) which we then upgraded together from my box of bits (1 x 10 XT transmission & XT disc brakes). Had a couple of great evenings teaching about spannering.

iamanobody
    Free Member

got to be new

MoreCashThanDash

You’ll struggle get a huge range of choice new for £200. Teach him early that there are bargains to be had out there.

gavtheoldskater
    Free Member

i’ve got a lovely scott scale 24 that my boy has outgrown, looked after and very good condition. ridden as a mountainbike not a day to day kids bike if that makes sense. was going to wait until spring to sell it but my email is in my prof if you want to know more.

personally though i would never buy new for my kid unless its an isla because the way they hold value is astounding.

ads678

got to be new

Spend another tenner then and get that Orbea in Leku’s post.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘24" kids bike – max budget £200’ is closed to new replies.