Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • 24 Hole 26inch rim – anyone know where to get one
  • cookies

Hi, I’m building a bike for my son out of spares and a few new bits and bob’s.

Mainly the lighter stuff as he’s only 7. I have an old roval controle E5 front wheel which is super light but I bent it first ride….

So I was wanting to lace up a new light rim to the virtually new hub.

Any ideas as its a shame to waste a good hub.

keithb

Looked at this as I have some FSA 24h wheels that may need some new rims… not at that price! Anyone got any cheaper suggestions?

I’ve not turned anything up on Google…

njee20
    Free Member

Use a 32h rim and ignore every 4th spoke hole? Need to work out your spoke lengths, but it can be done!

Northwind

Before pushing buy on anything make sure the spokes are available and aren’t going to break the bank, straightpull availability and pricing isn’t always the best… Easiest option is going to be another Roval rim I suppose, I’d be surprised if you can do a cheaper rim + spokes for less. Specialized quoted me £60-ish for a Traversee rim so it’ll be in the same ballpark I reckon.

njee20
    Free Member

Ah yes, I thought that after I typed! Spesh would be a good shout – perhaps a subsidised crash replacement even? Worth asking the question.

JonEdwards
    Free Member

£43 for a 24h Crest from JRA??

Edit – nope – sorry . Talking cobblers.

cookies

I’ve been on to Spesh… No 24 hole rims. only one new front wheel at £150 left…. I bought the front and rear for £199 so not keen on that option.

any other options as £63 is a bit steep. Plus have a hate/hate relationship with Stans silly sizing.

br
    Free Member

Cheapest/easiest option is probably just to buy another s/h 26″ wheel.

cookies

I was starting to think that…

Shame as the hub is virtually new.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘24 Hole 26inch rim – anyone know where to get one’ is closed to new replies.