Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • 22t ACS freewheel anywhere?
  • allankelly

Hi, I'm thinking that the Pompino might be good for Strathpuffer seeing as it's dead snowy. Maybe I'm wrong… It would be interesting for a lap or 2 anyway!

So, I don't want to change the front and it's a 40. The rear currently has a 16t shimano freewheel (=2.5 ratio). So, for off-road/snow I reckon I need the 22t ACS freewheel I know exists but can't find (=1.8 ratio, like 32/18).

Anyone know where I can find this elusive 22t beast?

Cheers, al.

firestarter
    Free Member

i have a brand new 21t one you can buy mate took me so long to find it i changed my mind when it turned up lol

firestarter
    Free Member

sorry al its actually a 20t ;-(

allankelly

Hi Mick, hmm 20/40 == 2.0 which is about 5metres per pedal rev.

How much? Like you I might not really use it…

al.

epicyclo

Allan, I'm thinking the same thing. I'm hoping to be out tomorrow on my Pompino. Putting a BioPace 42 on it tonight. Got an 18 on the back. I reckon that should be enough, and I'm sure you're a stronger rider than me so you'd probably go ok with an 18 too.

I've been around the course in better weather with the 48/18 setup on the Pompino, but walked the technical stuff (bashing a Dura-Ace ring is too expensive). Skinny tyres make for easier cycling 🙂

I'll report back if I go out tomorrow – got a nasty cold that's limiting me.

allankelly

Thanks Epi. I can make it up my local forest climbs 40×16 but it's a mammoth effort. 48×18 sounds BIG to me. Let's face it we'll be walking the technical stuff anyway. Prob best to take the lightest bike you can for carrying!

Here's the Pomp's current setup:

Cheers, al.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘22t ACS freewheel anywhere?’ is closed to new replies.