Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • 2.25" Maxxis Crossmarks, who's used em?
  • mboy
    Free Member

How big do they come up? Bigger or smaller than a 2.35" High Roller? Same as a 2.25" Advantage?

And would you use one on the front, or rear only, and what would you pair it with up front for most trail riding?

Ewan
    Free Member

I run a 2.1 Crossmark at the back – they come up pretty narrow. One of Maxxis older generation of tyres so i'd expect it to come up smaller than a hi roller. Certainly smaller than an advantage as they seem to be a bit bigger than the nominally larger highroller….

You don't want to be running them in the mud! I've got one at the back and a highroller on the front on my HT.

matthewlhome
    Free Member

I have a 2.25 crossmark on the back and a 2.35 high roller front – they are pretty much the same size, but the crossmark looks like a balloon tyre!

seems to work pretty well, but has only really been ridden around the peak district and lee quarry.

Have previously had the cheap 70a version in 2.1. Fast as anything but lethal on anything with roots or moisture!

Phatman
    Free Member

as matt said about the same as a 2.35 HR but more rounded profile. Currently paired with an HR up front. a bit skittish in the loose and can clog in soft soil unless you keep it rolling, rolls better than the 2.3 Larssen TT (which is massive btw) which i had previously

amodicumofgnar

Running 2.25 advantage upfront and 2.25 crossmark on the back, been fine for the summer so far round the Peak, Gisburn and Llandegla.

Teetosugars
    Free Member

Works spot on coupled with an Ardent on the front on my Singlespeed..

mboy
    Free Member

Are they a bit too "summery" a tyre then to be buying now with a view to be running it until it's time for the full on mud tyres then?

Don't want a full on summer tyre, don't want a mud tyre (have both of those already), want something for August-November and March-May, when the trails may be damp but not muddy, if you get me…

Thinking 2.35" single ply high rollers front and back might be a better idea now.

sam42
    Free Member

2.35 super tacky minion on the front with a 2.25 60a crossmark on the back, 2.25 cross mark comes up a little smaller than 2.35 minion, funnily enough…. 😆

Bullet

Got them on my Hustler in 2.25" and found them to be great on hardpack and dry loose stuff, fast and grippy. Worked well on the 24/12 course even when it got wet although they struggled on the last gloopy bit at the end of the lap in the woods but they are not designed as a mud tyre obviously. I love 'em. Just need to be be careful with pressures to get the best out of them.

mboy
    Free Member

2.35 super tacky minion on the front with a 2.25 60a crossmark on the back, 2.25 cross mark comes up a little smaller than 2.35 minion, funnily enough….

Sounds good Sam, though the reason I ask is that the High Rollers and Minions are famously small for a 2.35" tyre, and the newer Maxxis tyres (from Advantage on, so including the Crossmark) are quite wide for their width usually.

sam42
    Free Member

they are pretty girthy for a 2.25,
    and maybe a touch summery now you mention it….
    but fast!

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘2.25" Maxxis Crossmarks, who's used em?’ is closed to new replies.