Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • 2.25 Ardents are massive!!
  • minzo
    Free Member

Got one of these to put on the rear of my hardtail with 2.35 minions up front and its well bigger than the minion. Had a quick blast today and it feels good but to me it just looks a bit odd having a bigger rear tyre than front. Is this just a silly mtb fashion faux pas thing and will/should I just get used to it. Don’t wanna swap them round cos I want the grippier minion on the front

Northwind

Have you actually measured it? 2.35 Minions measure up under 2.2. Man I hate that. Good tyres though.

br
    Free Member

What width on what rim at what pressure?

ahwiles
    Free Member

it sort of makes sense to have a bigger rear tyre on a hardtail, sort of…

a bigger tyre will allow lower pressures, which can give you a bit more comfort/grip.

steve_b77
    Free Member

Yup new skool maxxis are way bigger than their older relatives

minzo
    Free Member

Its a 2.25 ardent on a bontager big earl rim, dunno what pressure, wee bit higher than the minion. @ ahiles; was thinking that myself, just looks a bit odd

AlexSimon

I wouldn’t worry about it being odd. I like the Ardent as a front tyre too, if you want to balance things up 🙂

doctornickriviera
    Free Member

how thin is 2.1 high roller, 1.8 more like!!

and the 2.25 ardents and advantages are mahassive!! cant quite work out who does the measuring at maxxis

minzo
    Free Member

thanks for input people, probably just give it a while to get used to.

jools182
    Free Member

Thinking about ardent or minions for my patriot. Anyone any opinions on which combo will work best?

chunkypaul
    Free Member

currently running 2.35 big earl wet tlr’s (front) and 2.25 ardent lust (rear) on my five on flows

great at the trail centres – the ardents roll quite fast on the rear – though can’t see either being that great in winter mud

minzo
    Free Member

how do the big earls compare in size to the ardents chunkypaul?

chunkypaul
    Free Member

cause i’m quite sad, i’ve just checked 🙂 they are both large volume tyres and look pretty similar volume wise

big earls come up 60mm wide
    ardents are 58mm

HTH

Northwind

So the huge ardents are actually pretty much spot on then?

minzo
    Free Member

thanks man, v. nice of you

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

The topic ‘2.25 Ardents are massive!!’ is closed to new replies.