Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)
  • 2.2 UST rubber queens sidewall
  • scruff
    Free Member

How tough are the 2.2s as the are without the apex? Im thinking the 2.4 will be too big for 819s…

RealMan
    Free Member

My 2.2 rubber queens ust are plenty tough. Gone through a couple of months of riding on them, including a week in the Alps, and they bare no marks at all. My mates panaracers got trashed in the alps though – hes running rubber queens now too.

colin@rush
    Free Member

Had a tubeless rubber queen on the back for the last 4weeks and so far been brilliant, sidewalls seem very good to me…

scruff
    Free Member

Have you used them in the mud?

colin@rush
    Free Member

I aint yet, its been bone dry here thank god for the last 4 weeks…

Used it at Afan / Brechfa, finding it a pretty good tyre so far at brechfa yesterday felt like my minion front was moving around the back end was railing, very impressed…

chakaping
    Free Member

Anybody know what compound these are please?

scruff
    Free Member

Hmmm. Anyone using 2.4s on 819s?

Dont want to end up with a stupid profile as 819s are relatively narrow and the 2.4 are supposed to come up big.

WackoAK
    Free Member

Hmmm. Anyone using 2.4s on 819s?

Yes, I am – the profile comes up fine on 819's.

heihei

2.4's are massive. Profile-wise they are not a huge amount wider, but substantially more in volume terms. I'm run both 2.4's and 2.2's tubeless on my Intense Slopestyle, and found the 2.4's too draggy with the bike losing noticably more speed between jumps.
    The 2.2's are awesome tyres. Not tried them in full-on mud, but grip well in the wet. Currently my favourite tyre.

scruff
    Free Member

chakaping, having looked into it 2.2 are 'normal' rubber compound and 2.4 use 'black chilli'.
    Some shops ads are misleading as the have just copied Conti blurb into the descriptions.

chakaping
    Free Member

Ta Scruff, I suspected the same thing after looking at lots of adverts. Did you ask the importers?

The 2.4 could be the tyre I'm looking for then. Very hard to find a softish compound big UST tyre in single-ply.

Not very impressed with Conti's standard coumpound on the UST MK.

jamesgarbett
    Free Member

I've gone from 2.4 MK UST to 2.2 RQ UST (front only so far) and the RQ is preferable to me, don't think either are Black Chili though

johnikgriff
    Free Member

2.2 in black chilli have been at the trade shows and are due out in 2010.

ChunkyMTB
    Free Member

2.2 UST isn't black chilli at the moment, but as John said they are due soonish.

I've got the 2.4's and love them, hammered them in the Alps also with no problems. No punctures and no sidewall issues. Way better than MK's IME.

johnikgriff
    Free Member

I also run the 2.4's and have been very pleased (swapped from 2.4 MK, big grip improvements). Haven't really noticed any dragging with it on the back. Load of grip and no punctures.

renton
    Free Member

how big do these rq come up then in both 2.2 and 2.4 sizes??

was thinking of a 2.2 out back and a 2.4 up front??

ChunkyMTB
    Free Member

They are huge! Massive volume, some frames will struggle with the 2.4's.

scruff
    Free Member

Anyone used the 2.4s in normal brown (not clay) mud ?

el_diablo
    Free Member

I've got these tyres and went from 2.4 MKs which were very poor. The RQs are far superior.

Out of interest, how do you lot run the rear tyre, the same direction as the front or opposite? I've got mine opposite but I'm not convinced this is the best way……any thoughts?

Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)

The topic ‘2.2 UST rubber queens sidewall’ is closed to new replies.