Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • 2.2 Nobby Nics on XT wheels…
  • MoreCashThanDash

They should fit?

Maximum tyre size for XT wheels is 2.2, so why can’t I get the sodding things to squeeze on? Gave up and came back indoors before I chucked the wheels across the garage.

And breathe…..

Retro 26″ size BTW, with Luddite inner tubes

MoreCashThanDash

Will attempt it again when I get back from a road ride….. 👿

nickharv

I had trouble fitting a pair of Nobby Nics onto my Hope Tech XC rims, they were very tight and needed a lot of washing up liquid to finally get them on. Just think they come up tight compared to others.

vincienup
    Free Member

As above. Some Schwalbes can be a bit tight.

Contrastingly, I’ve got a Nuke AM rim that a Dampf is a fairly baggy fit to seat on, and an old set of Sun’s that are sods to get anything on they’re so tight.

Plenty soap and a deep breath. The 2.2 spec on your wheels is more to do with advisable width to avoid lifting beads under corner loads than getting a tyre to mount on the rim, BTW.

dirtydog
    Free Member

Always start and finish on the opposite side to the valve.

Amazed at how many people don’t do, and or know this.

MoreCashThanDash

I’d never heard about starting opposite the valve.

Will attempt that, while armed with washing up liquid.

MoreCashThanDash

Doesn’t seem to matter which way I try and coax the tyre on, or how much washing up liquid I use…..

It occurs to me that if I struggle so much to get the tyre on in a warm dry garage with no real time pressures, these probably aren’t the right tyres to be trying to fix a puncture in the dark in the pishing rain.

Anyone want to buy an unused pair of Nobby Nics, one still in the box? 🙄

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘2.2 Nobby Nics on XT wheels…’ is closed to new replies.