Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • 22 32 44// but mech wont cover the range
  • Spankmonkey
    Free Member

Strange but with a 22 32 44 ring set up my X9 mech rubs, if I am in the 22 ring the chain rubs on the bottom of the front mech but I cannot drop the front mech down or it will not clear the 44 ring…. any ideas why? thinking of gett4ing rid of the 44 and putting a bash ring on!

clubber
    Free Member

Full susser with unusual angle at the seat tube?

Square taper chainset with the wrong length axle?

Spankmonkey
    Free Member

standard xt cranks on a Remedy 8

Onzadog
    Free Member

does it still rub when you sit on the bike with the correct sag?

giantjason
    Free Member

this is similar to the problem i had on a full susser. When i had it in the bike stand setting up the gears i couldnt get it to stop rubbing when on the granny ring. however when i sat on the bike and the suspension sagged everything was fine.

PeterPoddy
    Free Member

This just is a fact of life. To get a perfect set up sometimes you have to bend the cage a tad here and there.

Onzadog
    Free Member

Thinking about it, my Turner does the same but only if it's in the stand and I'm running 22 up front and low down the cassette. By the time I'm riding and the linkage sags and I never use more than the top 3 0r 4 in granny, it's never bothered me.

Spankmonkey
    Free Member

if I am in the bottom gear yes yes it still rubs even on the bike! but I have just realised I am running a Roadie cassette with very close ratios.. could this be the problem? think its 11-26, that said I have always run a granny ring and the full range of a cassette before with no problems

clubber
    Free Member

That won't help or at least it'll make the problem happen in easier gears than it might otherwise with a larger cassette.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘22 32 44// but mech wont cover the range’ is closed to new replies.