• This topic has 19 replies, 15 voices, and was last updated 13 years ago by mttm.
Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)
  • 2.1 tyres which ones do you recomend
  • jamievosper
    Free Member

after a new set of xc tyres,been recomended nevegals but still unsure.
    i'm after one thats good in corners

buzz-lightyear
    Free Member

Maxxis Advantage 60a Kevlar 2.1

Fair volume, supported continuous edge knobs, centre knobs reasonably spaced and not too tall and also ramped.

And cheap

donks
    Free Member

Small block 8's…the best.

jamievosper
    Free Member

block 8's ???

donks
    Free Member

Kenda small block 8's.fast grippy summer rubber.

takisawa2

Currently have Small Block 8's. Few sketchy moments this evening on the Chase. Hardpack / rock yes, grip brilliantly, but some of the Monkey Trail is very loose & they have washed a few times. Off to Wales Fri & toying with putting Kenda Nevegal / Blue Groove back on. Virtually zero rolling resistance with the Small Blocks also.

Northwind

Small Blocks for the back only IMO, where they're absolutely mint. Enormously fast, decent grip, they deal better with mud than anything else as fast. For the front, not so sure though, I like the stick-e nevegal but it's not all that fast. Might need to try the Minion DHF that everyone raves about.

SuperScale20
    Free Member

Currently using Rocket Rons Front & Back loving them at the moment.

guybe
    Free Member

Panaracer Fire XC Pro 2.1, superb tyres and great all weather choice.

andrewh
    Free Member

Racing Ralphs. Grip and speed are excellent. Downsides are longevity and price.
    Good all rounder that lasts and isn't silly money is IRC Mythos.

jamievosper
    Free Member

got fire xc's at moment.just no confidence in corners..and i've pushed em as far as they go

guybe
    Free Member

@jamie vosper

Maybe try Panaracer Cinder tyres, they have more grips on corners but slower on the straight.

penguinni

My Ignitors are amazing. Without a doubt they have improved my ( poor by anyones standard) riding.

Got a pair last month and used them in Scotland at Mabie, Dalbeattie and Drumlanrig as well as local trails here at home, and they grip and perform flawlessly. Really fast and really grippy – I can corner better than ever. And they are fine on the tarmac to the trails too!

james
    Free Member

"Maxxis Advantage 60a Kevlar 2.1"
    AFAIK they don't exist. 2.1" 62a do, 2.1" 70a do and 2.25"* 60a do

*(as big as some 2.5")

2.1" Kenda Nevegal DTC** folding are a pretty good alrounder front and rear. I like them

**Dual Tread Compound is 60a on the middle, 50a on the sides for cornering grip (StickE is 50a all over)

DeeJay
    Free Member

Maxxis ADvantage XC 2.1 70a folding work for me – currently fitted on 2 bikes – measure 2 1/8" across (53mm) – can't believe I just went and measured them with the vernier – feel really geeky now 🙄

jamievosper
    Free Member

can't believe I just went and measured them with the vernier – feel really geeky now

I have done the same before…engineering instinct..
    Think its between
    Advantage
    Ignitor
    Nevegals..
    ?

foxyrider
    Free Member

Been impressed by my budget nevegals from on-one but swapped the rear on recommendation by my mate for a Maxxis LArsen TT – good combination of grip front and low rolling resistance rear – apart from ++ Mud – would then swap for Nevegals Fr and Rr for my HT 🙂

willard

I use the Fire XC Pro's and love them. But… They can be a bit slow on tarmac with all that grip.

If I wanted something fast, I'd be tempted by Conti Vapours. They seem a bit quicker on dry packed stuff, even if they do not have as many knobbly bits as my Panaracers.

JonR
    Free Member

Fire XC pros for me

mttm
    Free Member

The Advantage will roll quite a bit faster than the Nevegal, and IME will corner better too (the edge tread holds up better). If you like lots of transitional tread, though, the Nevegal will be better for you.

Sorry, no experience of the Ignitor.

I'd suggest a 2.1" Advantage 62a Exception front and rear for all year round duties, or swap in a 2.1" Aspen 62a Exception on the rear during the summer for significant speed upgrade. Aspens are marvellous back tyres, but I wouldn't personally run one on the front.

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)

The topic ‘2.1 tyres which ones do you recomend’ is closed to new replies.