Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • 203mm shimano rotor set up
  • mattthegrayt
    Free Member

Last night I Upgraded my front rotor from shimano ice tech 180 to 203mm. Installing the rotor was fine but looking for some advice on the mount/calliper.

The 203 mount/adaptor came with 2 short bolts which I used to fix the adaptor to my fork (pm).

I then fixed the calliper to the adaptor using the longer bolts which previously went through the calliper and 180 adaptor into the fork.

Problem is, the long bolts stick out of the other side of the adapter and no others I can see anywhere online do this. I thought maybe I needed 4 short bolts but wouldn’t they have come with the adapter if this was the case? Are the bolts ok to be sticking out around the back of the adapter? They aren’t up against the fork or anything. Just looks/seems wrong.

I can’t seem to upload a picture using my phone but hopefully I have described it well enough. I’ll try and upload a pic from my laptop later on.

Matt

somouk
    Free Member

The bolts holding the caliper to the adapter normally come with the caliper and the bolts to hold the adapter to the fork comes with the adapter.

You’re fine having the bolts stick out.

mattthegrayt
    Free Member

Thanks for your reply 🙂

dooge
    Free Member

If you are worried you can put washers in between the bolt and adaptor so it doesnt do it but as pointed out above its not a problem.

bruceonabike
    Free Member

I switched 180 to 203 (Hope rotor), had the same issue and used washers. No issues to date.

mattthegrayt
    Free Member

Great stuff, cheers

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘203mm shimano rotor set up’ is closed to new replies.