Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 42 total)
  • 2017 predictions thread…
  • ninfan
    Free Member

Right, it’s on. After the remarkable and largely unforseen events of 2016, What do we predict for the upcoming twelve months then?

I’m going to call for:

i) Milo Yiannopoulos for Whitehouse press secretary
    ii) State funeral and Coronation (though I’m not going to call whether the Crown ends up going to Charles or Wills)
    iii) Le-Pen win in French elections

stuey
    Free Member

New wheel size to make trails come alive.

captainsasquatch
    Free Member

Some famouses will die.

mikey74
    Free Member

1) Trump will continue to be a t**t
    2) May will continue to be t**t and make Cameron look like a tie-dyed hippy
    3) The world will continue to spin
    4) We will continue to screw up said world (also see 1 and 2).
    5) I predict I will be determined to try harder to attempt to begin the process of starting to be happy, despite 1, 2 and 4 above.

wilburt
    Free Member

2017 is the year electric cars go mainstream.

mechanicaldope

Sex robots replace real life lovers.

Bregante

Power kite for my birthday

RustySpanner

Kites are so last year.
    Happy New year folks…
    🙂

km79
    Free Member

A catastrophic environmental discovery is made that is so conclusive and devastating that it cannot be ignored. This leads to the mass realisation that we have gone and truly messed up and we should have listened to the experts and acted decades ago. Too late now, the clock starts ticking down to a mass population loss never before seen, world plunges into chaos and full blown world war erupts. The mass migration of people and the associated human disaster that follows including famine and pandemic disease changes life forever for those that manage to survive. Oh and some minor celebs will die either due to lifestyle or natural causes and before the end of January idiots will be proclaiming 2017 as more cursed than 2016.

Happy New Year, I can hardly wait.

chewkw
    Free Member

2017 predictions thread…

… All that I have wished for come true … MMmwwwhhhhahaaaa! 😆

mikey74
    Free Member

A catastrophic environmental discovery is made that is so conclusive and devastating that it cannot be ignored.

http://www.independent.co.uk/environment/global-warming-passing-the-tipping-point-466187.html

[Edit: dubious source, so may not actually mean the end of the world]

captainsasquatch
    Free Member

Someone will lie.
    Someone will post spurious vids and links.
    Someone will use the quote function to death.

thejesmonddingo

That’ll be more trolling then chewkw?

takisawa2

My children will refrain from fighting…

And we lasted 12 mins 45 sec.

chewkw
    Free Member

thejesmonddingo – Member
    That’ll be more trolling then chewkw?

Nope. Nothing to do with STW forum.

Put it this way I will be so extremely happy that I will have a permanent grin on my face once all wishes come true for me in 2017 and they will.

I shall then announce them one by one … joy to the world! Joy! :mrgreen:

gastromonkey
    Free Member

All main bike manufacturers will launch their “new standard wheel size 26 inch “.

Possibly a new King?

thejesmonddingo

That’s what I said isn’t it ?

squirrelking
    Free Member

So, who wants to run the deadpool?

Anyone?

bikebouy
    Free Member

Great Britain will remove the “Great” from it spurious title and become a 1930’s theme park.
    We will have more Clowns.
    There will be more Jugglers,
    A Lady in spangly shoes will ride upon a gleaming white horse, dressed in sequins and a Low Bun.
    A One Man Band attached to 17 different instruments, each attached to a body part, adorned by Catweezel hair, will make the Red Top Newspapers as a threat to Human existence and subsequently shot by the Met 247 times.
    Stirling will be replaced by Roulette Chips.
    Tesco Land Bank will be given off to Charity, post bankruptcy.
    Universal Credits will be removed, folks that rely on them will have to go get a job in a Foreign Land where the language is spoken Foreign like, picking potatoes out of fields.
    Hipsters will be replaced by Jackboot wearing long black leather coated small moustached lady boys.

kimbers

War (America vs China) trade or millitary though?

ferrals
    Free Member

Donald trump is found to be the twin sister of Nigel Farage in drag, both of whom are being controlled by JK Rowling using the imperious curse because it turns out Harry Potter is real and JK is Voldemort.

badnewz
    Free Member

There will be a UK house price crash, starting in London.
    And like Brexit, it will be magnificent.

Klunk
    Free Member

It will all kick off in the Ukraine again.

n0b0dy0ftheg0at
    Free Member

Quenn Liz’s death over Xmas 2016 will finally be made public. 😉

ton

a american world leader will get assassinated.

cloudnine
    Free Member

Recession, depression and no concessions.
    We are divided.. Politically, morally and financially.
    It will be the year of huge austerity and selling our souls to stay afloat.
    People thought 2016 was bad because a few celebrities died.. 2017 is really going to sting.

stewartc
    Free Member

An American about to became world leader will get assassinated.
    Interest rates will be at 3% by the end of the year, the economy will collapse along with the housing market.
    Russia will test NATO’s resolve by orchestrating trouble in one of the Baltic states.
    As a result, Finland will request to join NATO, things will get very difficult.
    Turkey will invade Northern Iraq in an attempt to fight the Kurds, Iran will join them.
    Brexit will prolong for another year due to continuous legal action.
    Queen Elizabeth will get cyborg enhancements to prolong her life but in and administrative error she will be mistakenly ordered, and delivered, to a Mr Mechanicaldope, who through being British will keep her as he is too embarrassed to complain about and return his new sex robot to Amazon.

deadkenny
    Free Member

n0b0dy0ftheg0at – Member 
    Quenn Liz’s death over Xmas 2016 will finally be made public.

I’d say wikileaks reveals she’s been replaced by a lizard, but then they’re all lizards anyway.

MrWoppit
    Free Member

The BBC will finally put the past-his-sell-by-date Jools Holland out to grass and dump the appalling and tedious “Hootenanny”.

Gilson Lavis will still buy a new drumkit every year.

slowoldman

My boat will finally come in though, knowing my luck, I’ll be at the airport.

dannyh
    Free Member

A fit again Loic Bruni and Danny Hart do battle in the downhill World Cup and elevate the competition to a whole new level, with death or glory cameos from Greenland and Vergier thrown into the mix. Even Gwin is made to look like a steady, old school type rider.

akira

Death, taxes and Trump’s idiotic tweets. Those are the only things I can be sure of.

cyclelife
    Free Member

Trump assassinated by CIA within 6 months.

sirromj

Butter will be found on the moon.

perchypanther
    Free Member

The world will mourn the sad loss of Joe Cocker.

slowoldman

David Mitchell has it:
    My grateful dispatches from the end of 2017…
    In particular the EU.

jambalaya
    Free Member

Bikes

Endless must have new innovations. I will keep riding my old bikes.

Politics

A50 triggered after Parliament votes massively in favour
    Trump will do a decent job, there will be much eating of humbe pie by politicians critical of him
    Le Pen will win in France and if she does not Fillion will be elected with an FN type programme maybe even with the promise of a referendum on euro membership
    Merkel will be relected but on a much more anti-immigration / anti-EU leaning programme. AfD will have a significant and noisy Bundestag presence
    Wilders will dominate the airways in Holland and increase his party’s prescence in parliament
    Italians will threaten a Referendum on euro membership but fail to see it through

n0b0dy0ftheg0at
    Free Member

The BBC will finally put the past-his-sell-by-date Jools Holland out to grass and dump the appalling and tedious “Hootenanny”.

You might want to sit down to read this shocking news…

Jools Holland’s New Years Eve show is pre-recorded and is not live! 😯

captainsasquatch
    Free Member

A new concept of winning gracefully will be introduced.

smell_it
    Free Member

I will have 1195 poo’s.

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 42 total)

The topic ‘2017 predictions thread…’ is closed to new replies.