Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • 2017 orange 5
  • mkeyg
    Free Member

Evening all

Wanted to ask the masses if anyone has got a 2017 orange 5 yet? And if so what do you think?

Trying to decide between a new 5 or a cotic rocket…..

russyh
    Free Member

I have a brand new 2017 Five frame I am about to build up as an upgrade from my current 650b Mk2 five. Can’t really answer your question yet, but my current Five is awesome and the newer model with a slightly lower bb and slight longer top tube along with a slightly reduced weight should be bloody amazing! I will say it looks bloody sexy too for a filing cabinet

mkeyg
    Free Member

Awesome! I’m made up for you. I’m hoping to demo one soon. What’s the single pivot ride like? Is it poppy? Good for jumping?

russyh
    Free Member

I think with any suspension design people have personal preferences and they become pretty tribal about it. I like how a five pedals but find it needs a good shock with climb switch. In terms of poppy, good at jumping etc. I really haven’t ridden a modern bike that is bad! The Five sure down love being in the air and my current Five has taken everything I can throw at it. In my opinion they really are the ultimate bike for UK riding. Pedals all day for fun, climbs well, can be used for uplifts and enduros

mkeyg
    Free Member

Happy days. I demoed a cotic rocket at whinlatter recently and it was unreall. Its between that and a new 5 for me. Currently on a whyte t129 which has been a great bike but find the 29er hard to manual and a bit awkward in the air

lcj

I’ve had a new one for about six weeks. It replaced one of the last 26″ ones so lots of changes at once but it’s a huge difference. It feels a bit wooden at low speed, but once you get moving it picks up really well. The extra length really adds to the stability when it gets rough, and the whole thing feels much more solid and planted than my previous one. Corners very well too, probably in part to the extra stiffness.

Built up with Pikes, XT/XTR, Hope/Easton wheels, KS post and Renthal cockpit and pleasingly/surprisingly weighs the same has my mates carbon Nomad. It’s certainly efficient cross country, even if not first choice for that. Very pleased I went for the Five over the Four.

mkeyg
    Free Member

Thanks for the info. They look incredible. I can’t wait to demo one. If I like it as much as the rocket I’ve got a tough choice to make….

lawman91

If you like your T129 you should definitely try the 650b T130, it’s incredible!!

mkeyg
    Free Member

Yeah been reading good things about them tbh. Which model have u got?

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘2017 orange 5’ is closed to new replies.