Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • 2017 longitude frame- what bb/ crank and hub spacings
  • burko73

Right,

Fancied a bike for bikepacking. Bought a longitude frame, been after one for ages. Managed to get a 2017 model.

Will use some bits off other bikes. Thing is it’s possible to run 650b+ Wheel/ tyres and 29 er wheel/ tyres.

What width hub spacing on the longitude? Is it boost?

Groupset wise I’ll put a 2 x 10 on there something like Deore. Will a std shimano 73mm bb be ok? In the genesis compete bike literature it says bsa 73mm boost bb.

Will I need a std or normal Chainset? I note you can get a Shimano FC-M627-B Crankset 2×10-speed – Boost 148 – do I need one of these or will a normal 2×10 deore do?

scotroutes

First of all, there’s no such thing as a Boost BB. The Boost cranks are “wider” only because the rings are spaced 3mm further out.

Then, the bike comes with Shimano M525 hubs. They’re not available in Boost width, only standard QR.

burko73

Great stuff. I thought it a bit odd that it lists the bb as 73mm boost. I guess a std chainset is fine with 1x or with the 29er wheel set. +size or 2 x I’ll need the boost type chainset?

So std qr wheels fine means I can get going with a std 29er wheel set.

scotroutes

You’ll be fine with a non-Boost chainset given that it’s a standard width rear hub. Tyre size will obviously be limited. It’s worth running through the spec sheet on the Genesis page (assuming it can be trusted) They seem to be sticking with an i35 rim and a 2.8″ Trailblazer (which doesn’t really seem to measure as wide as 2.8″ anyway).

steezysix
    Free Member

Getting one of these too 😀 Believe it is 135mm QR at the back and 100mm at the front (handy for dynamo hubs) Will be interesting to see how/if the double chainset works around a bigger tyre than the 2.8 it comes fitted with…

burko73

Hmmm. I had run through the genesis spec sheet. That’s where the “boost bb” came from.

Where’s best to pick up some wheels? Had planned to pick up some alpkit but they’re 45mm int width. Might be too wide?

burko73

I guess the alpkit wheel set with a 2.8 wtb tyre might be ok? Anyone got any experience?

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘2017 longitude frame- what bb/ crank and hub spacings’ is closed to new replies.