Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • 2016 Charge Plug 2 – bikepacking on a budget?
  • ElShalimo

Anyone else seen these for £449 and thinking about getting one for bikepacking?
    I was waiting for the £649 Sonder Camino Alloy but they are now going to be £800 and these are being sold off cheap.

Anyone got one?

JPR
    Free Member
    ElShalimo

Thanks JPR
    The 2016 models are ALU frames so not quite the same.

thestabiliser
    Free Member

I bought one. Its heavy. Nice blue though, so nice in fact that even took the edge of the wife’s rage. Go for it.

ElShalimo

Nice blue though, so nice in fact that even took the edge of the wife’s rage

😀

peekay

I got one at that price a couple of weeks ago.

Bought to use for commuting and as an occasional XC / bridleway / “gravel”.

It replaces a basic but light racey road bike that I used for commuting with 23c tyres, no guards and no. Rack.

It feels quite heavy. Especially with marathon plus tyres, a rack and full guards.

It has opened loads of possibilities for my commute though. What has always been a pretty dull but bearable 24 mine each way road commute (when cycling and not in the car) turned in to a 25 mile route along bridleways, the Thames Path and the River Wey yesterday.

Heavy, but wish I had bought something more robust a long time ago.

The blue colour is very bright. Ideally I would have preferred it to be more subtle as I plan on leaving it locked up outside occasionally and it is a bit loud.

Would probably suit bikepacking on gentle terrain, but my impression is that it would be better for touring. (not sure there is actually a defined difference between the two)

curto80
    Free Member

Before you pull the trigger I am selling mine for £275. It’s brand new, ridden to the station and bike twice (1 mile each way). It’s a good bike but I want to go back to riding single speed.

It’s in the classifieds

ElShalimo

@curto80 – thanks but I’d need a L or XL

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘2016 Charge Plug 2 – bikepacking on a budget?’ is closed to new replies.