Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 317 total)
  • 2015 Prudential ride 100
  • atlaz
    Free Member

I don’t have a status but it says I owe 58 quid as of the 29th Jan

piedidiformaggio
    Free Member

Been going into the receipt, still no change

Guess I’ll find out next week

piedidiformaggio
    Free Member

Anybody get in? Appears people are getting confirmations today. Not heard myself yet

hooli

I have heard from a few people that they got their magazines today, will see whats there when I get home.

akira

Postie not been yet, did get take away sushi menu though.

wwaswas

where do people park if it’s too far to ride to on the day?

Just pick some random side street a few miles from the start?

piedidiformaggio
    Free Member

Train?

wwaswas

Train?

I did think about getting a train to East Croydon or Clapham or something but wasn’t sure if they’d have a bike ban like they do for the London to Brighton?

mlpinto
    Free Member

Got my magazine and confirmation that I got in today. I entered and didn’t get in on the first year and didn’t apply last year.

Best drag myself out in the cold and start riding slightly more often now, I guess…

The letter I got suggests you have to collect your starter pack / timing chip on the few days before the event which sounds like it will be inconvenient for those not near London…

wwaswas

I just saw that. What a pain in the bum. Makes it a 2 day event.

crazy-legs

The letter I got suggests you have to collect your starter pack / timing chip on the few days before the event which sounds like it will be inconvenient for those not near London…

You can nominate someone else to pick it up on your behalf.
    Last year it was up at ExCel in London, very easy – took about 15 minutes to collect everything and then there was a small cycle show – stands from Wiggle, Endura, Lezyne which was worth a look. Loads of people buying waterproofs for some reason… 😉

Just pick some random side street a few miles from the start?

If you do that make sure it’s well away from the road closures! North London works well. 5 mile ride in to Olympic Park in the morning from Stoke Newington/Camden, 5 mile ride out from The Mall afterwards.

piedidiformaggio
    Free Member

[url=https://flic.kr/p/qLF5oV]4th February 2015[/url] by -Cheesyfeet-, on Flickr
    😀

now, about training…….

Haze

I got a glossy mag telling me not to despair…

jam-bo

No place for me but I’m on page 82 of the magazine!!!

scott_mcavennie2
    Free Member

I got in!

crossland
    Free Member

I’m in too, looks like a busy summer as I have the berlin marathon at the end of september

gavtheoldskater
    Free Member

its a ‘no’ magazine for me. but on the brightside with all the cash i will save i can do some swim events and other stuff.

crazy-legs

Meh, it’s a no for me too. Mind you, that’s what happened last year and I then managed to win a team place via a ballot at work. Turned out they’d bought 3 full team places which was nice. 🙂

Hoping for that again this year.

dantsw13

Come on down to the Castle 100 from Tonbridge on 17 May instead!!

MrSynthpop
    Free Member

No for me but worse the girlfriend got in so we have all the cost and hassle and I dont get to ride.

brakes
    Free Member

I’m in!
    whoop!

RopeyReignRider
    Free Member

Any ideas where to stay for this, hotels etc? If I do it I’ll be coming down from chestervegasfield ish..

crazy-legs

Any ideas where to stay for this, hotels etc? If I do it I’ll be coming down from chestervegasfield ish..

Avoid South London – that gets totally screwed by all the road closures.

Last year a mate stayed in a Holiday Inn very near Olympic Park but while it was handy for the 6am start, it was a drag to get back there afterwards.

I’d look round North London way. Camden, Stoke Newington, Islington, Finsbury Park kind of area. Roughly 5km to Olympic Park in the morning, roughly 5km back there from The Mall afterwards and no road closures.

tuffty
    Free Member

I’m in 🙂 So best start looking for cheap hotels in north London

stumpy01

I’m not in…..

😕

richardthird

I’m in. Got to work out logistics now.

Kryton57

RopeyReignRider – Member

I live in the north east side of Enfield, its a 35-45 minute flat, gentle spin on an easy 1 road route through Walthamstow at 5am to get to the start line. Look at the Premier in Enfield Innova Park which quite often has half price rooms.

MrWoppit
    Free Member

Yay. I’m in.

jam bo – Member
    No place for me but I’m on page 82 of the magazine!!!

Go on then, which picture? Large blerk with beard?

hooli

I’m in, looking forward to it.

MrWoppit
    Free Member

Shirley it can’t flood again?

theflatboy
    Free Member

I don’t remember entering it this year, got a letter yesterday saying I’ve got a place… 😕

Oh well, more training awaits!

freeagent
    Free Member

Hmmm… Got a place but family stuff will make it almost impossible for me to do it.
    May have to investigate the possibility of a deferal to next year.

Mate at work who i was planning to do it with didn’t get a place, whichhas made me slightly less keen to try and make it work.

IHN

No for me but worse the girlfriend got in so we have all the cost and hassle and I dont get to ride.

Same here (but wife not girlfriend).

I did get the consolation jersey, which it turns out is too big 🙁

Anyone want to swap my XL for their L?

hooli

Has anybody seen the Ride 100 facebook page? There are some toys being thrown out the cot!

Seems because Johnny from Surrey hasn’t had a place for 3 years running, he is going to send his magazine back in protest 😆

I am trying my best not to troll them but it is hard…

dthom3uk

I’m in, but none of my mates are.

I’m going to have to adopt some Valverde patented wheel sucking tactics.

theflatboy
    Free Member

I wasn’t expecting to really do much big riding this year… thinking that the Dunwich Dynamo will be a nice one month to go warm-up for this, now 🙂

brakes
    Free Member

there’s a lot of disgruntled male applicants in my club, and a lot of happy females – but we’re assured that it’s entirely at random…

akira

I’m in, did charity place last year so happy enough. Wife didn’t get in though.

theflatboy
    Free Member

hooli – Member
    Has anybody seen the Ride 100 facebook page?
    I am trying my best not to troll them but it is hard…

Do it – report back 😈

HoratioHufnagel
    Free Member

I didn’t get in

Its going past the end of my road

Anyone, you know, just joined in anyway?

Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 317 total)

The topic ‘2015 Prudential ride 100’ is closed to new replies.