• This topic has 11 replies, 7 voices, and was last updated 9 years ago by Robz.
Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • 2015 Orange Alpine 160 Sizing
  • Robz
    Free Member

Hi there. After a bit of advice from any 2015 (650b) Orange Alpine 160 owners.

I am 179cm (5ft10) tall and have previously owned an 18” 2011 Alpine 160 but with the new version’s geometry so much different I am unsure whether to get a 17 or 18 frame. I’m not worried about stand over height but the 18 appears to be very long.

Ideally I would test ride both but that’s not an option at the moment so if anyone could offer their input/advice from experience I would be grateful. I am used to DH bike so don’t mind a long front centre and long wheelbase.

Cheers

Robz
    Free Member

Anyone?

Bucko

Have you tried asking Orange?

Robz
    Free Member

Yes I have. Was interested in gathering some other opinions from those who have ridden/own the bike too.

chiefgrooveguru

What length stem did you have on your 2011 and how well did it fit you?

element
    Free Member

I used to own a 18 inch alpine 2012 model and I now ride the 2015 650b model in the medium size with a 40mm stem fit is spot on for me
    Im about 5ft10.5

benpinnick

The alpine is the same ett as our aeris
    You need to run a 35 stem or it doesn’t make sense really. At 5’10 the l is a big bike but rideable… I ride a large and we’re the same height, but more often than not people are happier on a M

Robz
    Free Member

Cheers guys.

hazzajoe
    Free Member

Hello there. I’m a shortarse, 5’6″, 30 leg. I’ve always ridden a small framed bike. Before Xmas my small stumpy Carbon Evo was stolen. I hired a demo alpine from my lbs. Medium
    With a 35mm stem. It’s a tad long for me but not in a dangerous way. It felt mega stable in the air, the best bike I’ve jumped!!
    I actually bought another stumpy carbon Evo, 650b and medium this time, however, I cannot stop thinking about the alpine!!! Size wise I think a small will suit me better as its longer than most. I would guess
    At 5’10 you will be bang on for medium. It’s an awesome bike. I just wanted something that I could use for Xc races as well!

Robz
    Free Member

Thanks man.

tommyjohnson01
    Free Member

Hi I’ve got exactly the same problem choosing the Orange Alpine 160 2015, just wondering which one you went for and how did it feel? I’ve ordered the Large which is 18″ , I’m 5 11″ and weigh around 15stone, with around a 32″ leg… Just wondering what other people’s opinion are? I still wanna be able to throw the bike around… Also can’t get a test ride. But be a comfortable all rounder, any advice please???

Robz
    Free Member

Two nights ago I was 5 mins away from pulling the trigger on an 18…

Then I realised the 2015 YT Capras were released so bought a large one if them instead.

I never got a chance to ride an alpine but a 17 alpine with a 35mm stem has the same(+3mm) reach as a large Bronson with a 50mm stem which I thought was a little in the short side.

I think you need to embrace the long front centre and wheelbase. But I was coming from a dh bike and used to along wheelbase.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘2015 Orange Alpine 160 Sizing’ is closed to new replies.