• This topic has 14 replies, 9 voices, and was last updated 8 years ago by goat.
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • 2015 Norco Sight 7.1 carbon – anyone on here got one?
  • alandavidpetrie79
    Free Member

Seriously thinking about risking divorce for one of these!

Does the rear shock (Cane Creek DB inline air) have lockout? – can’t see anything about it on their site, so I’m guessing not, but thought I’d read it somewhere?

I read a review on said bike & it was noted that the rear end has noticeable bob on climbs…..

scandal42
    Free Member

Me likey the colour

I know this doesn’t help you.

sandwicheater

The May mag had a review of this bike (Alu me thinks).

mynamesnotbob
    Free Member

All DB Inlines have a CS switch, which is not the same as a lock out but works really well.

See write up here: http://www.canecreek.com/products/suspension/dbinline/climb-switch-technology

DB Air has two versions, one with one without CS, inline is CS only.

On the Norco website you can see the climb switch at the top of the shaft if you zoom in, it’s the gold switch near the linkage.

I don’t really use it on an HD3, but that may be down to suspension design, but I think the shock pedals well. But if the mags are saying bobs an issue, it could be a useful tool

superhooper

I bought a Norco Sight 7.1 back in April. Really happy with it so far. Cannot say I have noticed much in the way of pedal bob. I don’t bother with the climb switch on the shock except on the road. The default settings for the shock seem to be pretty good for me and I haven’t adjusted them yet.

I made a few changes to the spec so far, but these are mainly personal choices (e.g saddle, grips etc) but the standard spec is very good.

alandavidpetrie79
    Free Member

Thanks for that.

I did wonder if the gold lever was a ‘climb mode’ thing….

the standard spec is very good.

Can’t see anything I like that has a spec list that comes close.

I will probably put my own saddle, pedals & grips on it, but otherwise it ticks all the boxes! 🙂

whatnobeer
    Free Member

I’ve got a 2014 Sight 7.2 (same spec as the 2015 7.4) so can’t comment on that shock, but the monarch on mine used to bob a bit in the granny ring and top end of the cassette. I swapped to a 1 x 10 drive train and there’s less bob now, I guess because of the different chain tension? Either way, it wasn’t enough to annoy me much and it was a little used gear.

Otherwise a very capable bike. Climbs well, descends very well too imo and if I was a slightly more confident rider I don’t think I’d have too much trouble keeping up with the 160mm bikes on the downhills sections. It certainly copes really well with all the slightly mental trails in Whistler OK.

The only thing I’d change would be to swap the Rev mine came with for a Pike but the 7.1 Carbon has a Pike as standard, so happy days.

hamishthecat
    Free Member

This month’s MBR has a review of the CCDB Inline. 8/10 according to them, due to perceived reliability issues – how they can tell that with a one-off test that was fine, who knows.

alandavidpetrie79
    Free Member

superhooper / whatnobeer:

Any issues with the press – fit BB?

whatnobeer
    Free Member

Still running the one it came with, no creaks and no problems as yet, but it’s not seen many wet or muddy days, or many hoses.

superhooper

So far no problems.

alandavidpetrie79
    Free Member

2015 Norco Sight 7.1 carbon – anyone on here got one?

Yes, me!

Well not quite – picking it up on Saturday A.M. 🙂

chakaping
    Free Member

The shock works awesome, but does seem to be fragile or have first generation design/build issues.

Lots of owners reported problems. Mine went wonky too.

chakaping
    Free Member

The shock works awesome, but does seem to be fragile or have first generation design/build issues.

Lots of owners reported problems. Mine went wonky too.

Don’t be afraid to take it back if it starts feeling clattery instead of silky smooth.

goat
    Free Member

I’ve just got a 2015 7.3 carbon but haven’t actually ridden it yet.

Got pikes ready to go on and 1×10 drivetrain.

Wondering whether or not to get the cane creek shock too but might just ride it with the Fox and see how I get on.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

The topic ‘2015 Norco Sight 7.1 carbon – anyone on here got one?’ is closed to new replies.