Viewing 21 posts - 1 through 21 (of 21 total)
  • 2014 Spesh Enduro 29er Owners
  • beano68
    Free Member

Got a 2014 Spesh Enduro Carbon Expert 29er , I’m needing a new cassette already ! so can anyone tell me which cassette I need ?

Trying to google it without which success and don’t want to buy the wrong one !

As theres Sram XG – 1199 – 1195 – 1180 probably bloody others as well !

Got a hunch its 1180 but I just need it confirmed 😕

mikewsmith
    Free Member

SRAM 11sp? Any SRAM 11sp 10-42 will work

beano68
    Free Member

Yup 11 speed 10-42, some are more expensive than others but it would be nice to know which one is fitted on the bike tho for future reference

mikewsmith
    Free Member

Google the full bike name Spec keep all their old bike spec pages online
    http://www.specialized.com/us/en/bikes/mountain/enduro/enduro-expert-carbon-29

beano68
    Free Member

Cheers Mike, I’m sure I’ve looked at that already but I’ll have another look anyway

pbooker1995
    Free Member

It will be the 1195.

1180 is the X1 with the Rivetted sprockets and the 1199 is the XX1 one. The one you have on yours should be the X01/1195

beano68
    Free Member

Bollox 🙁

Cheers gents !! 😯

mikewsmith
    Free Member

Pick whichever one you want to pay for, it’s like SLX-XTR.

beano68
    Free Member

Checking the cassette again and it is pretty much worn with 1 tooth sheared off ! Can I just get away with fitting a new chain for the time being ??

The chain isn’t yet jumping of the cassette but the chain is knackered for sure

mikeep
    Free Member

If it’s just your 42t that’s worn, check these out:

GCX 42T Cog for SRAM XX1/X01 cassette

beano68
    Free Member

Thanks for the heads up @mikeep but the whole cassette is pretty much worn out now so I’m going to have to get a new one 😥

rickon
    Free Member

How do you know your cassette is worn out?

beano68
    Free Member

Quite a few teeth have rounded off and a few teeth have snapped off, plus when I took it into the lbs they also pointed it out as I was unaware how bad it was..

Might as well get it sorted now with Ard Rock coming up, nowt worse than it failing going around

alandavidpetrie79
    Free Member

Likely that you will need a new chain too….

beano68
    Free Member

Yeah mate absolutely, I’ll order them both together

rickon
    Free Member

I’d be also replacing the chainring(s). That much wear on the cassette and chain will mean they’re likely goosed too.

Northwind

I think, if you’re not happy with the performance, maybe the point of finding out what cassette it is, is so you can get something different?

MSP

How long have you had it/many miles have you done on it? If it is a 2014 model I guess its had reasonable wear. I have never been particularly bothered with an annual cassette change on a bike that gets fair use, but cassettes that cost nearly 200 quid is getting beyond a consumable item.

beano68
    Free Member

Going by Starva I’ve done 1700km unless I’ve doubled up the rides but that sounds about right and I’ve had the bike from new @MSP

Sram 11 spd is a costly bloody setup but worth it out on the trails tho

beano68
    Free Member

I fitted an absolute black chainring bout 4 months and its still in really good condition … @rickon

Viewing 21 posts - 1 through 21 (of 21 total)

The topic ‘2014 Spesh Enduro 29er Owners’ is closed to new replies.