Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • 2014 Pike setup
  • downhilldave

Have looked online for setup info but no joy from Google. What base settings are others using? Set the sag to 30 percent with the compression damping all the way out and this felt very plush and controlled.As things have loosened up it now feels a little soft,thanks in advance. 🙂

mactheknife

25% sag and 3 clicks of rebound damping. No tokens in the air chamber is fine for me so far.

Pike on MTBR

Ace thread on MTBR.

downhilldave

Cheers Mac, will have a look at the thread. Do you have any compression damping on? Mine are the Solo air 160mm

mactheknife

Ahhh, thats what i meant, not rebound. Still on my first coffee. Sorry 🙂

Get past the first couple of pages and there is a goldmine of info on there.

3 clicks of compression and bang in the middle with rebound for now. 🙂

downhilldave

Some good info on there Mac,thanx. How is your XX1 going? Ran Xtr 2 x 10 for a few years and the Sram is deffo much better. Going to play with the Pikes later

kimbers

I found the tokens improve things nicely when the going gets very rough, i am a bit porky tho 😉

mactheknife

Just heading down to the LBS now to put the order in. We were a bit unsure if I could get the xd driver for my e13 trs+ wheelset. But it’s all go now. I’m actually really liking forward to it now. The wallet is taking a bashing tho.

matther01
    Free Member

Kimbers – how porky is porky? Im 13st (after Xmas) and not sure if I will need tokens.

jairaj

Your riding style, set up preference and trail conditions will have a bigger impact on whether you need tokens than just your weight.

Do you want the fork to feel more progressive? If yes fit token(s). If you don’t want to make your forks more progressive don’t fit tokens.

Mrtrotter
    Free Member

Does anyone have a couple of the red Pike bottomless tokens they don’t need? All the usual places seem to be out of stock as the moment and my forks didn’t come with any. e-mail in profile if anyone can help. thanks

kimbers

Yeah I’m about 14 I think but I found I was using all the travel on medium to large drops despite running 80psi

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘2014 Pike setup’ is closed to new replies.