Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • 2014 Marz 55CR Travel Change 170mm- 150mm
  • dbcooper
    Free Member

Help!
    Has anybody actually done this?
    I have not started yet, but I always think it is better to work it out before getting mucky.
    This image is from the Marzocchi Tech Help website, and apparently applies to the 55CR too, but I am a bit stuck.
    I think this is the left leg?

Do I need a cassette tool to remove the left top cap?
    I dont get where the spacer goes, is it above the spring at the top? Where the arrow points to?

dbcooper
    Free Member

In fact do I need to remove the left top cap at all?
    This post on pinkbike suggests that i do not need to?

dbcooper
    Free Member

Nobody done this then?

PJM1974
    Free Member

Yes – the top of the left leg has a standard cassette tool splined interface which you’ll need to undo to access the spring.

You’ll need to remove the lower leg retaining bolt too. Obviously, you should ensure that the air spring is depressurised first, but after that it’s a case of removing the entire air spring cartridge and slotting in the spacer in the negative spring assembly.

If you’re handy with a hacksaw you can remove 10mm from the spacer to drop the fork to a useful 160mm travel too.

dbcooper
    Free Member

Thank you very much. Does it slot in exactly where that arrow points then, above the spring?

PJM1974
    Free Member

Yes – you remove the lower portion from the spring and slot the spacer in which simply extends the negative spring height.

scruff
    Free Member

tick.

dbcooper
    Free Member

I haven’t attempted it yet. I am still riding around at 170mm, looking a bit silly.

wwaswas

Obviously, you should ensure that the air spring is depressurised first

Not as obvious as you might think 😳

I had two forks to do when I did this on my 44’s. The first one went really well.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘2014 Marz 55CR Travel Change 170mm- 150mm’ is closed to new replies.