Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • 2013 Rockshox Poploc
  • allyharp

Can anyone explain why they’ve reversed the direction of 2013 poploc models?

For those who don’t know: The cable-pull used to turn the motion control unit clockwise to engage the lockout (same direction as the crown-mounted lever) and it was sprung in the anti-clockwise direction meaning that the forks were open by default.

But now the forks are locked by default and you need to permanently apply cable tension in order to ride them open. This now means if your pushloc remote or your cable was to break you’d be stuck locked out. Similarly if you decide you don’t use the lockout you can’t just run them without the remote to reclaim space on your handlebars. And is stretch still an issue with modern cables?

Now perhaps it’s because I’m not an engineer, but I can’t see the benefit in changing this. And they’ve actively made it different to previous models (and to the crown-mounted variant) which presumably comes with some manufacturing cost implications. The cynic in me can’t ignore that this will guarantee a steady stream of sales of the remote lever.

I’ve bought some 2013 poploc Reba, and have only just noticed this after fitting etc, and I would definitely have gone for crown-mount if I’d known in advance 🙁

jairaj

You can remove the return spring from the damper and use it as normal crown adjust if you don’t want to use the remote.

nwallace
    Free Member

My PopLoc lasted about 4 actuations before jamming.
    I replaced it with an Alivo front shifter (You know a bigger version of the old SIS ones), unsurprisingly it hasn’t failed yet.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

The topic ‘2013 Rockshox Poploc’ is closed to new replies.