Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • 2013 Reba RL Solo Air Compression questions
  • devash
    Free Member

I bought the above fork in a 120mm 26″ variety a few months ago and due to work commitments have only managed to ride it for about 100 miles. I bought it to upgrade the Recon Gold TK fork that came with my bike as I was looking to shed some weight and take advantage of a 15mm thru axle wheelset that I purchased.

The fork has worked ok but I can’t say that the performance is ultimately that much different to the Recon, in fact it feels a lot stiffer / less plush, although this could be because the fork needs more time to bed in.

I can get the rebound dialled in nicely but I’m not sure how the compression damping knob works, or if it works at all. There is about 5 clicks from the ‘open’ position on the blue compression knob to the lockout mode. Open is just that; fully open, but the fork feels quite stiff over small bumps and I find it nearly impossible to get more than 70/80% travel on drops / jumps / bigger hits, even though these feel a lot plusher.

When set to lockout the fork nicely locks out yet retains a tiny bit of travel like the lockout on my Recon so no problems here.

The fork is the same one as in this video (not my video) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nAdcTxWJWMc

Should the regular, non-PopLoc Motion Control damper from the 2013 / 2014 models only have 5 clicks of compression, and should I feel more of an effect with each click? At present fully open – clicks 2 and 3 feel the same, with 4 and 5 people a complete lockout.

shortbread_fanylion
    Free Member

Run the forks a bit softer?

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

The topic ‘2013 Reba RL Solo Air Compression questions’ is closed to new replies.