Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • 2013 looks massive for racing
  • oldgit
    Free Member

I have two cross races booked for January. Then February off, and my first open road race on March 10th.
    I could probably find something in February, but I’m looking forward to some social riding.
    What a great state of affairs. Hoping to do another full calender of road, MTB and cyclo cross.

And we have a sponsor on board so the race team is being issued with nice new free kit.

trail_rat
    Free Member

Cue burnt out left behind in races and have no energy thread in march . Just like the last three years or so

fervouredimage
    Free Member

Likewise my racing calendar looks much fuller for next year than it has since I was 17. All Downhill stuff but more or less racing somewhere every other weekend from April through to September then a few Winter races too.

Busy busy busy.

RealMan
    Free Member

Which RR is that OG? We’ve got lots planned, it’s going to be a lot of fun. Very busy getting it all together though.

oldgit
    Free Member

trail rat, I won’t be training with BC 1/2 cats this year. We have seven vets in the team so I’ll be training with them.

lazybike
    Free Member

Nice looking kit….

aP
    Free Member

I hope that you’re all going paint your bikes to match. 😉

dirtygirlonabike
    Free Member

Looking massive for me too, kicking off my season with 8 road / crit races in March and have 37 races planned so far. Think my cat 1 licence might be in sight with that much racing (well hope it’ll be in sight!).

Shelly
    Free Member

OP, how many times a year do you race then? Think I recall seeing your name down on the MK round of FNSS, did you do them all?

oldgit
    Free Member

Shelly. 2012 was pretty light. 13 road/circuit races. 1 MTB race. 9 cross races.
    I used to work on the road, but this year I’ve been office bound so it’s been hard to get to midweek races. I never made any of the FNSS races, got to one in Husbands something just in time for the start. And went home with a bike in bits after an interface with a certain world cup rider at the Milton Keynes round.
    I;ve made an arrangement with my boss to get away a bit early Fridays for the 2013 FNSS.
    I’m hoping Lotts Wood is open for racing next year as well.
    The big difference is that we have a race team and race secretary for 2013, so I won’t be a billy no mates in 2013.
    In 2013 we each have to commit to at least ten road races to get the sponsorship help. At 53 I’m by far the most senior racer and the only one racing MTB.
    See you there in 2013 ?

oldgit
    Free Member

Looking massive for me too, kicking off my season with 8 road / crit races in March and have 37 races planned so far. Think my cat 1 licence might be in sight with that much racing (well hope it’ll be in sight!)

That’s what you call working for it. The only guy in our club to do that in a year was a prolific winner, and was made a good offer by Edinburgh.
    I’m racing LVRC so just racing to race.

oldgit
    Free Member

Just been reminded that I didn’t have a race bike for the start of 2012 after my accident late 2011, and was doing steady high mileage on the old trainer. Time does fly, I’d forgotten about that.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘2013 looks massive for racing’ is closed to new replies.