• This topic has 40 replies, 24 voices, and was last updated 10 years ago by Muke.
Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 41 total)
  • 2013 IOM TT – who's going and who do you think will win this year?
  • skiprat
    Free Member

Well the count down has started in our house til we fly over. Flying out first thing saturday morning so will be there for the superbikes, then a few more days before we fly back. Really looking forward to it again, just hope its nice and sunny!

As for what will happen, i’d love to see Guy win one of the races this year. Maybe not the superbikes but one of them. I think it would do him and the rest of the racing the world of good. Kind of calm him down a bit, but still leave him wanting the superbike win.

I think the man this year will be Michael Dunlop. Bigger team will help him out and just get the feeling that he’ll rule it this year.

Time will tell, but the clock is ticking….

PocketShepherd
    Free Member

If he manages not to break down I think you might well be right.

Not overly fussed who does actually win, I love watching it regardless. Would be nice for Guy to finally get one though.

sneakyg4
    Free Member

Have to agree with Shepard, would love to see GM winning one.

cbmotorsport
    Free Member

I’m there with a group of 12 from the 31st May to the 4th June. Weather permitting will see Superbikes and Supersports. 😀

Will be rooting for GM…it’s got to happen for him soon.

cupra
    Free Member

Was there last year and wishing I was going this year 🙁 I agree that Michael Dunlop looks a good bet this year. Would be great to see Guy win one but I don’t think he will.

Matt24k
    Free Member

I agree that Guy Martin ought to finally win one but I get the feeling he will be the bridesmaid again.
    John McGuiness is almost a given but the thought of Josh Brooks riding there scares me. I hope he is sensible and treats the place with due respect in his first year.

Edric64
    Free Member

About time Guy Martin won one.Josh Brookes was downright dangerous in BSB so lets hope he is respectful of the drystone wall run offs on the TT course

rossi46
    Free Member

Josh Brookes has come a long way since his reckless years in BSB- he’ll be allright 😉

It’s going to be Michael Dunlop V’s Guy Martin- but never ever discount John McGuiness……

rossi46
    Free Member

Oh yes- looking forward to the return of Norton!

Would love a Norton victory 😀

amplebrew

My money is on McGuinness, he’s just so precise and seems to carry a bit more speed than the others through the tighter corners like Ballacraine.

Can’t wait for it to start though, not long now….

Only 4 days, 19 hours and 22 minutes 8)

Whilst I end up working a lot of extra hours during TT, I am out and about so get to see the bikes and chat to all the fans.

The Isle Of Man is already a fantastic place to live, but the atmosphere during the TT makes it even more special.

It’s nice when everyone goes home though!!!!! 😆

notmyrealname
    Free Member

McGuinness will do the Senior again, Dunlop to bag a couple and Guy to get a couple of podiums but no wins.
    I honestly can’t see GM winning a TT now, I hope I’m wrong but I can’t see it happening.

Brookes will be interesting the year, he’ll either do well or put it through a wall somewhere.

I’ve got the Manx Radio app on the iPhone so I’ll be listening to the racing at work!

amplebrew

I’m pretty sure I read in Performance Bikes a few months ago that Martin wanted to win a TT so he didn’t have to come back.

Not 100% on that though.

Muke
    Free Member

PSA…

ITV4 @ 9pm TT 2013 Conor Cummins – Local Hero

A profile of the motorcyclist, who is chasing his first ever victory in his home event, the Isle of Man TT, having previously finished on the podium on three occasions.

Still amazed he survived this..

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sL8YXQDLzVc[/video]
    😯

RustySpanner

Not going this year but will be cheering on Bruce Anstey as usual. 🙂
    Man’s a hero – doesn’t say much, which makes me like him all the more.

amplebrew

Here is a link to some webcams on the course.

Weather wasn’t nice this morning, but it cleared up enough for a practice this evening.

Weather isn’t looking amazing over the next few days, but maybe not too bad.

martinxyz
    Free Member

I need to get over there one year with a wee tent.

redsox
    Free Member
    docstar
    Free Member

Workmate mechanics for Micky Dunlop so hope he does well.

Russell96

The doc on Conner is worth watching not a lot of action, but bloody hell well done for coming back from that.

Northwind

So sad for Matsushita, he only got his place in the race confirmed today 🙁

Muke
    Free Member

RIP 😥

amplebrew

Really terrible news.

Deepest sympathy to his family, friends and the rest of the Tyco team.

robarnold
    Free Member

No practising tonight here either, low cloud and wet all the way round so clerk of the course called it at about half six. Forecast a bit better for rest of week, really sad about last night’s tragedy

amplebrew

A few pics taken this afternoon….

IMG_1112 by Ample Brew, on Flickr

IMG_1108 by Ample Brew, on Flickr

IMG_1106 by Ample Brew, on Flickr

IMG_1102 by Ample Brew, on Flickr

IMG_1101 by Ample Brew, on Flickr

IMG_1096 by Ample Brew, on Flickr

IMG_1093 by Ample Brew, on Flickr

reggiegasket
    Free Member

McGuiness vs Dunlop for the top step for me.

I’m a big fan of McGuiness – so smooth where others are ragged. But Dunlop has some raw talent. If he can put it all together he can run McGuiness close on the big bike IMO.

Muke
    Free Member

Hope the weathers good, everyone gets round safely and I would love Guy Martin to finally get the victory that he deserves.

Michael Dunlop just ahead of McGuiness though this year I reckon based purely his new aerodynamic shape 😉

eruptron
    Free Member

Muke
    Free Member
    RustySpanner

Highlights of qualifying on ITV4 now. 😀

Muke
    Free Member

😯 @ Josh Brookes wobble

mugsys_m8

Can anyone recommend a live streaming feed?

Thanks,
    Dan

redsox
    Free Member

My Sky has packed in and won’t be fixed till Tuesday so hoping I can pick up on On Demand or suchlike 😥

bearnecessities

My Sky has packed in and won’t be fixed till Tuesday

Unplugged everything, left 10 mins and plugged back in? Done a software update?

WTF
    Free Member

Excellent result for MD.
    Can`t wait to go over for Senior race on Friday.

RustySpanner

Yep, he really seems to have matured this year.
    I’m happy he’s cracked it on the big bikes, but gutted for Guy Martin.

Bruce has manflu – 😀 The Kiwi version of Hislop, sadly. Unless everything is perfect, he’s not really there.
    Ah well – here’s hoping for the Senior.

Amazing last lap from JM, but the first time he’s been beaten in a straight fight on the Island in ten years.
    Wonder if the DJ anniversary is getting to him? They were very good mates.
    Can’t help thinking what might have been if DJ was still here – the lap record would e a few mph higher, that’s for sure.

No spoilers ’till after the highlights tonight, but today’s Supersports race sounds like a bit of a classic.

Any news on Branko Srdanov btw?
    Last I heard was he’d been transferred to a hospital on the mainland.
    Hope he’s ok, he was amazing at Macau.

Swelper
    Free Member

Yep. Shame about that 60 second penalty. Hummmm

I will hold judgement on that I think till the senior race

Swelper
    Free Member

Oh forgot to mention. But don’t know if anyone else picked up on the comment from M Dunlop yesterday.

“It’s good to beat John before he retires”

Could it be that McGuinness is set to retire this year from the TT or sport ?

Muke
    Free Member

No spoilers ’till after the highlights tonight

Edit: My comments on todays results removed but needless to say 😀 for some and 😥 for others

Latest on Branko Srdanov was Serious but Stable according to TT forum, but the lack of information is slightly worrying 🙁

hora
    Free Member

Worse ‘I’m going to the Isle of Man TT and you’re not’ willy waving thread Skip! :mrgreen:

redsox
    Free Member

Unplugged everything, left 10 mins and plugged back in? Done a software update?

Yep, done all that stuff

We had a guy in on Saturday cleaning the gutters, I was in the house – TV’s working, I go out, pay him, shut the side gate behind him, go back in the house, telly’s gubbed. I reckon he might have cracked the dish with his ladders. As both boxes are not getting a signal, it points the to dish or the LNB – hopefully fixed tomorrow

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 41 total)

The topic ‘2013 IOM TT – who's going and who do you think will win this year?’ is closed to new replies.