Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • 2013 fox 34 talas or 2011/12 Rockshox Lyrik RS Solo Air
  • barffy
    Free Member

Hi,

Looking at the two above mentioned forks and wondering which one to go for. I’m buying used and vanity draws me toward the Fox forks as they are Kashima coated, but on the downside I’ve heard that the 2013 TALAS weren’t the best fork Fox have made. They are also going to be £120 more expensive than the Rockshox.

The Lyriks are cheaper, but they are standard OE forks and heavier. They don’t look as nice (I know function over form but we all like a bit of bling). They are the RS model with rebound and floodgate adjust but again. i’ve heard you need to do a bit of modification to them to get the best out of them.

Application is a 2012 Nukeproof Mega, both models are 160mm travel.

Thanks for any input,

Harry.

Northwind

If you don’t feel that you absolutely need the TALAS function, don’t get TALAS forks- they work less well than their Float equivalents. Though to be fair without knowing exactly which model they are it’s hard to say.

TBH neither of those would float my boat, used Lyriks with the RC2 damper are really excellent- superb damper- and usually not that expensive but these motion control ones are just competent.

barffy
    Free Member

I’m trying to build up a really good all-rounder. I will be taking the bike up Snowdon at some point and the Wrekin, so I thought the TALAS may be useful. I know I can change the damper out of a Float model into the TALAS chassis if I was really unhappy with the feel.

If money weren’t an object absolutely no doubt I would be fitting new Pikes! Unfortunately i’m building to a budget and have roughly £350 to spend on forks.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

The topic ‘2013 fox 34 talas or 2011/12 Rockshox Lyrik RS Solo Air’ is closed to new replies.