• This topic has 16 replies, 12 voices, and was last updated 10 years ago by LoCo.
Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)
  • PSA / Rant. 2013 Fox 34 CTD are bloody rubbish.
  • one_happy_hippy
    Free Member

mutter mutter mutter crap forks mutter mutter mutter.

The damping is rubbish, dive through the travel which they sit to low in because the the low speed is non existant in “descend” mode. So is is the high speed damping, you’re stuck between pumping them up hard enough to sstop the bastids diving when you push in to corners or pumping lips but harsh as buggery over anything vaguely rooty, roocky or square edged or making them soft enough to give you reasonable grip and some plush over the rough and then having to contend with diving that would put Das Boot to shame.

The to add insult to injjury, actually to add injury to injury and insult the bloody talas air spring (which is a bit rubbish anyway) decides to pack up and lock down at some where between the 100mm and 130mm setting! Then sits in the last 30mm of its pathetic travel for the rest oof the trail back to the car at which point I run out of it’s ‘travel’ OTB and sprain my wrist. BBAstid.
    Less than a year old, pprobably only 20ish hours riding on them. Whisky Oscar November Kilo.

Ancient 32’s RL I bought off here for a few quid? Great. 36’s? excellent. 831’s? Also excellent. 40’s a whole bundle of magically awesome goodness.

2013 34 Talas CTD? Massive bag of sommething bad probably involving Picolax. Avoid. Avoid like you would avoid a sweaty fat chick at 3am if you weren’t hammered. You Poor bastid…

My wrist hurts and I decided it would be a good idea to leave the V10 in the uk so I’m DH’able bikeless.

And don’t even get me started on ggetting a fox fork fixed in the antippodeans.

Bah. Im finishing the wine. At least the ozzies can just about do that right.

Double bah.

JCL
    Free Member

Yep, no independent LS control on an air fork is crap.

hambl90
    Free Member

Give mojo a ring , fox have just issued a recall on evolution models , my mate has just had his 2013 ctd forks done under this recall .

kimbers

its a shame that the 34s get such bad reviews, soo many bikes seem to be specced with them!

32mm forks are too flexy for ardcore enduro gnar shredders like myself

fortunately other forks are available…. marzocchi 55s or pikes- my new ones are brilliant!!

wrecker
    Free Member

Whisky Oscar November Kilo.

WONK?

Seems Fox made a massive mistake putting CTD on everything.

one_happy_hippy
    Free Member

Cant even get a bloody coil option to replace the Talas cart best you can do is F it off and put the float in. As for the CTD cart that things going as soome as I find a socket big enough to extract the bastid. Avalanche do a AVA cart so I’m going try one of theirs. Should be good if the Boxxer AVA cart is anything to go by.

Woulld phone Mojo but its 1am here and im drunk. Though Judging by the fact CRC can get me stuff to Perth faster than shops on the east coast can it might be quicker to send the buggers to the uk to fix.

zero-cool
    Free Member

No problems with 2013 34 CTD Floats in our household. 70kg rider riding them hard (not me) and no probs over last 4 months

wrecker
    Free Member

Woulld phone Mojo but its 1am here and im drunk.

Wonkered? 😀

one_happy_hippy
    Free Member

WONK?

Yeah. Take that swear filter.

Hah. Bastid.

larrythelathe
    Free Member

I have some 34 with FIT damper, in defence I am happy with mine. Behaved much better than I thought it would be

prezet
    Free Member

I had a set of 32 CTD Talas 2012/13 model and ended up selling them rather quickly. I just didn’t get on with them and no amount of adjustment seemed to make any difference. When I built up my Covert this year I avoided CTD at all costs and went with the Float 36’s – couldn’t be happier. All the adjustment I could need at the expense of a tiny bit of extra weight.

LoCo
    Free Member

Personal preference isn’t it. They can be made better though if you want more ‘support’

BearBack
    Free Member

Changes made to 2014 damper as fox recognised the problem. You can do a damper upgrade, probably not to significant a cost, but your need to call mojo on that.

LoCo
    Free Member

We can sort too along with a few other mods. 😉

pussywillow
    Free Member

LoCo – Member
    Personal preference isn’t it. They can be made better though if you want more ‘support’

😆 ………… 😆

I bet you just love fox forks aye loco? 😉

Or should I say the customers! 😆

the_lecht_rocks

Mine are fine, no issues at all….

LoCo
    Free Member

I like everyone 😀 not in the slightest bit discriminatory about brands :-p

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)

The topic ‘PSA / Rant. 2013 Fox 34 CTD are bloody rubbish.’ is closed to new replies.