Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)
  • 2012 Treks?
  • Danno72
    Free Member

Just seen the 2012 Trek bikes and I think they are looking pretty damn cool…….might be tempted? What do we think?

http://www.bikeradar.com/news/article/trek-2012-mountain-bikes-first-look-30991

Sorry for the link to that mag.

snakebite
    Free Member

Nice. I didn’t envisage being Trek owner until last year, but my carbon remedy is a great trail bike, muck about bike, trail centre bike etc etc… and that Slash looks interesting!

shotsaway
    Free Member

The Fox developed DRCV Forks could be interesting. If they work as well as the DRCV shocks, they will certainly have a very different USP!

In the last 3 or 4 years Trek really seem to have upped their game, when it comes to mountain bikes. Especially when they only really seemed interested in road bikes before that.

GW
    Free Member

OMG WTF PSML FTF

Mister-P
    Free Member

I keep looking at a Fuel EX, they look right somehow and reviews are consistently good.

fattatlasses
    Free Member

I keep looking at a Fuel EX, they look right somehow and reviews are consistently good.

I had an 2010 EX8 in stealth black – sold it fairly recently, and TBH, really wish I’d kept it (don’t tell the OH!!). Didn’t realise how good it was until I started riding other similar bikes….doh!

Really like the look of the 2012 models – looks like I’ll have to try and win some more contracts 🙂

peachos
    Free Member

not really ‘all new’ are they? look identical to what they have been spewing out the last few years…apart from the BS fork & shock internal gubbins.

so my critique of the 2012 Trek line up: mleh.

Ming the Merciless
    Free Member

The Slash looks interesting, if somewhat overkill. Living on the South Downs I feel that my Wolf Ridge is like bringing an M60 to a paintball game occasionally. 😀

chrisdb
    Free Member

not really ‘all new’ are they? look identical to what they have been spewing out the last few years…apart from the BS fork & shock internal gubbins.

What’s wrong with that?! Why does something have to be new to be better?!

Mad idea of bike development some people have.

The Trek Full Sussers are already very sweet bikes that ride far better than many niche brands. The technology in them is amazing and they have taken another step forward this year. A DRCV fork should be awesome if it’s as good as the shock.

rs
    Free Member

The Slash looks interesting, if somewhat overkill. Living on the South Downs I feel that my Wolf Ridge is like bringing an M60 to a paintball game occasionally.

It’s OK there are other bikes for you guys, we don’t all live on the south downs 😉

shaggy

not really ‘all new’

Fuel EX: New geometry, new tubeset (so all new frame).
    Remedy: New geometry, new tubeset (so all new frame).
    Lush: New range.
    Slash: New range.
    Session: new carbon model, new rear end and shocks on existing models (not sure about the front triangle).

OK so it’s mainly evolution, not ground-up new bikes, but it’s a lot more than BNGs.

peachos
    Free Member

never said there was anything wrong with Treks at all (apart from them being Treks), so don’t get all defensive. i know they’re very good bikes.

just commenting on the marketing which said ‘all new’ when really they’ve not done all that much apart from a couple of minor geom tweaks to catch up with the rest and added some more bollocks to fox forks.

oh, and changed a name by a few letters too 🙂

Danno72
    Free Member

Yeah really like the look of the slash. Be interesting to see the weights of the bikes? Maybe even a test ride to see if it could lure me away from my trusty old orange?

fattatlasses
    Free Member

The Trek Full Sussers are already very sweet bikes that ride far better than many niche brands.

Yup, IME, I’d agree with that. I’m undecided on the DRCV fork, although I was impressed with the DRCV shock on my EX, er…apart from when the damping went wrong – although, over the years, I’ve had same thing happen on 3 other shocks (Fox, DT and Cane Creek). The DRCV-ness wouldn’t put me off demo-ing and potentially buying – esp. one of those luverly stealth black carbon EX/Remedy’s…..drool

DVATC1
    Free Member

Got a Scratch air 9 earlier this year and its a fantastic allrounder, got me a podium in the vets at Singletrack Weekender last week, new ones look at least as good, if not better so in my opinion get one, you won’t be dissapointed.

Danno72
    Free Member

What sort of weight you got DVATC 1?

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)

The topic ‘2012 Treks?’ is closed to new replies.