Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • 2011 Rockshox Recon 100mm TK silver Solo Air can they be travel be extended?
  • MoseyMTB
    Free Member

These forks came on a giant I bought recently to break down, anybody know if they can be adjusted, spacer removal etc, to be 120mm?

Thanks

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

Usually they can. Its easy to take the lowers off to check

MoseyMTB
    Free Member

I’ll try looking for a guide, wonder if they are oem with being on a bike and sometimes different internally!

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

on the rockshox site there are guides

rp16v
    Free Member

its easy
    let all the air out the chamber(make sure u compress the forks to remove all pressure)
    remove valve top cap,
    remove lower allen bolts on bottom of each leg,
    mistake i made(make sure u have somthing to catch the oil in lower left leg,
    pop a philips screwdriver into left lower leg and tap ligtley till the internals come loose at this point the oil will come out.
    pop the internal out the top of the fork leg and you will see spacers cliped onto the shaft when removed these will increse travel

just reverse to rebuild shouldent take more than about 45 mins first time i got my servecing down to about 30 mins

MoseyMTB
    Free Member

So I need new oil etc?? They are brand new Recons so I wonder if I’d be better just selling them and buying some longer travel/U-turn forks.

rp16v
    Free Member

i put new oil in when i did mine might aswell while its out
    its up to u end of the day i would pop them open and see if u can change it if not pop them back together properley and sell them on atleast u can then be honest if anyone asks if they can be adjusted oh and its a hell of allot easyer with forks off the bike.

jimmyjames
    Free Member

If they came on a bike there’s a good chance they are not extendible. OEM models are different.

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

Mine came on a bike and I extended them. Almost all are extendable.

jimmyjames
    Free Member

Mine aren’t. 🙁

MoseyMTB
    Free Member

jimmy what did they come on, the forks are going on a Dialled Albert so i probably need something with 130mm anyway.

best thing to do is probaby sell them brand new before i fiddle (break) them ha

jimmyjames
    Free Member

Actually, mine are slightly different in that they are Recon, er, not silver. They are off a Kona Kula. The only way to know for sure is to take them apart, methinks.

MoseyMTB
    Free Member

Yeah I decided against fiddling with the unknown.

They will be on the classified tomorrow. Cheers though for the help.

shedbrewed
    Free Member

Just a bump and question as I have a pair of 100m Recon Race’s that would be nice if they were 120mm. I can find a guide for 2006 model Recon, does anyone know if they changed at all between 06 and 10 please?

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

The topic ‘2011 Rockshox Recon 100mm TK silver Solo Air can they be travel be extended?’ is closed to new replies.