Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 43 total)
  • 2010…how many mile then?
  • grtdkad

So 2010 has been and gone. How much riding did you do?

Me: 1,372 miles with 212,193ft of ascent – from 109 rides and 95% off-road with no commuting.

How did you get on?

neil853
    Free Member

average of 50 miles a week commuting and a further 25 miles a week off road. I need to sort out the road/off road ratio!

beej

6150 miles road (that did include 959 miles of LEJOG), 905 miles MTB. Excluding commuting (which is only 3 miles a day anyway).

bigbob38
    Free Member

not enough, I’m still fat 😳

Alex

*waits for Samuri and his million miles*

3012km, 81,000m of climbing, 157 rides (commutes count as 2), 40 commutes, 900k road riding, nearly half the MTB rides at night.

Mostly on my ST4, when I realised the Pace made up < 4% of the rides, decision made to sell it on.

I get all geeky with the stats, but meaningless really. I know I had a lot of fun with some good friends 🙂

Smarty
    Free Member

I didn’t do enough, no idea of the figures but hoping to rectify that in 2011

BoardinBob

not enough, I’m still fat

This

Jamie
    Free Member

Riding – 1033 miles
    Running – 750 miles

Waderider
    Free Member

6155.3 miles, no idea of altitude gained/lost as I use a humble bike computer and a spreadsheet to tally. Happy with that as January to March had very few miles, and then mileage rose with the arrival of a new MTB. Haven’t analysed it, but I reckon 50/50 road and mountain bike would be a fair bet.

I’m still fat – well, at least I display some of the symptoms of middle age spread 😆

_tom_
    Free Member

Not enough really. I rode Cannock-length rides probably once every few weekends (more often in summer) and 6-15 miles a day on the road bike. May get a cheap computer to track my road miles this year.

gothandy

About 2,500 miles (includes commuting which is only way I get the miles in) and 55km of climbing.

That is a solid 9.8 days on a bike or 2% of the year!

I love stats 🙂

Dibbs
    Free Member

Count: 148 Activities
    Distance: 2,859.06 mi
    Time: 249:25:31 h:m:s
    Elevation Gain: 259,088 ft
    Avg Speed: 11.5 mph
    Avg HR: 135 bpm
    Avg Bike Cadence: 67 rpm
    Calories: 204,814 C
    Max HR: 201 bpm
    Avg Elevation Gain: 1,751 ft
    Max Speed: 53.3 mph
    Avg Distance: 19.32 mi
    Avg Time: 01:41:07 h:m:s
    Max Avg Bike Cadence: 74 rpm
    Max Bike Cadence: 210 rpm
    Max Avg Speed: 17.1 mph
    Max Elevation Gain: 5,876 ft
    Max Distance: 60.46 mi

I’ve got 3155km recorded on my GPS plus at least 2500km commuting and a few other rides that I didn’t record.
    Probably over 6000km in total. Mostly off road.

creaser
    Free Member

6500 on road bike, raced 21 dh races ,xc rides inbetween so a lot

mudshark
    Free Member

4686 road miles and about 70 offroad; guess I’m a roadie now.

nickname
    Free Member

About 3000 miles from commuting to/fro work, hardly any off-road / mtb.

I just look at the mtb and it doesn’t inspire me. I don’t live near any great trails, nor do I drive, so cycling with big slow knobbly tires to get anywhere half decent really de-motivates me.

jamesb
    Free Member

5770 miles of road and MTbing, former being probably 4500 miles + and included a 500 mile week in Pyrenees. Unsure of total annual ascent but would reckon 70 000m + as Pyrenees was 14 000m and rode several sportives at 3000m ascent each 🙂 Also live somewhere hilly so each ride is about 200m climbing per 10 miles ridden

steveh

About 3000miles for me, 500 on road rest on the mountain bikes. Add on to that a load of dh riding and racing and a fair chunk of time on the jump bike as well. Not a bad year at all!

grtdkad

I’m still fat – well, at least I display some of the symptoms of middle age spread

… same here, Christmas hasn’t helped! 😐

rOcKeTdOg

1588, no commuting included
    http://a-pic-a-ride.blogspot.com/

gonetothehills
    Free Member

3,266 miles – a mix of road, mtb and commuting, along with a bit on holiday and some touring in the UK too. Happy days.

Edit: love the blog, Rocketdog – very inspiring stuff.

Andyhilton
    Free Member

Not sure must be around 4000 miles I reckon. That’s MTB and road though.

I’ve set myself a target of 6000 for this year.

Jase
    Free Member

1500 less than last year!

Simwit

2161 miles recorded on the MTB plus maybe 100 miles where I left the computer behind and about 150 miles on the road bike for me.

PlumzRichard
    Free Member

got my first garmin 38 days ago and done 1028 miles since then, around 180 miles a week on average so that works out roughtly around 8000 miles a year right?

Sit backs and waits for people to accuse me of willy waving!

mountainposture

2000 kms which is a lot more than I’ve ever ridden before. 🙂 And what’s better is how much I enjoyed riding last year. Have a road bike now as well so there’s been a fair few miles on that. Hopefully continue that this year.

spacehopper

52 Rides…

555 Miles…

must do better next year… 🙂

miketually
    Free Member

2007 – 1694 miles
    2008 – 1954 miles
    2009 – 1924 miles
    2010 – 1685 miles

Pretty poor this year really. Especially when you factor in that about 1000 of those miles are commuting and 215 come from three rides.

Ride log: http://mactually.co.uk/index.php?cat=11 Only ten rides last year? Bloody hell!

AlasdairMc

At least 3000 from me. Between 45 and 75 a week commuting, plus a fair bit offroad.

MrKmkII
    Free Member

i doubt i’m even troubling 1000 miles 🙄

andrewh
    Free Member

Barely 9,500 but then I was off injured for three months.
    1,600 running and just over 100 swum (mostly while injured!)

Best was 2005 when I was unemployed for 5 months, just got over 15,000.

samuri
    Free Member

*waits for Samuri and his million miles*

I’m afraid there’s a few on here who beat me easy.
    I did around 5500, was aiming for 6000. This year will be better.

Should we have a count of bits broken? I bet I win that one.

Just wait for twinklydave to pop up with his 10,000 miles count.
    I want to get more swimming in this year too, only managed 9 miles last.

plop_pants
    Free Member

12,500 miles. No I’m not working at the mo.

adt
    Free Member

Robertwilkinson
    Free Member

From zero to C1k miles and 200k feet and two bikes in my first year of mtb, mostly on malvern hills Very pleasing and here’s to 1500 in 2011.

hh45
    Free Member

I count hours not miles as my riding is split between mtb, road and commuting on road on a mtb (with fat, soft tyres)! 2010 was 392 hours but off the bike with arm in a sling until March 6th so not too bad. Best was 459 hours in 2006. I know an hour slogging through gloop is harder than an hour of cruising on flat tarmac on a 15lb road bike but counting distance would be more misleading I think.

amplebrew

I’m on for 3,861.62 miles over 299 hours for 2010 according to my Garmin.

That’s pretty much a mixture of road and mtb, although I’ve definately done more road than mtb rides.

tk46hal
    Free Member

I reset my computer at the start of the year and the mileage at the close of play was 1532 miles, all off road (MBT). Mainly one ride a weekend of 25 to 30 miles with a very occasional lucky mid week ride,but generally too busy with work.

Nick

1705 over 69 rides, 50% road and 50% mtb, but I stopped recording them in August, to be fair I didn’t get out a great deal in Autumn so probably another 100-200 not sure.

43 miles so far this year, all off road.

Parvis
    Free Member

I don’t keep a track, but it was not a good riding year, I’d be suprised if I even reached 1000 miles. Did improve my downhilling a little bit though.

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 43 total)

The topic ‘2010…how many mile then?’ is closed to new replies.