• This topic is empty.
Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • 2010 SLX long cage rear mech-anyone had premature bottom jockey wheel failure?
  • Suggsey
    Free Member

Rode this morning having done usual dry weather quick lube of the bike and was plagued by one of thos most annoying creaking noises that came and went but was not pedal or saddle related and didi not appear to be emanating from the chainset/cranks.
    I stopped wiggled cassette-not looose, wiggled back wheel-bearings still tight, undid the rear Ti QR and gave it another half turn-nice and tight and greased anyway.
    After much creaking that was coming and going and me deciding it was a chain link or two finished the ride and went home. Fetching the bike off the roof carrier I spotted that the ‘float’ of the bottom jockey wheel has become somewhat greater then the 1mm of new. The gap varies between 1-3mm around the metal shim plate and the plastic of the wheel itself. Bit peed off as the mech was new towards the end of winter and the teeth are not worn and only bought SLX to replace the twisted XT as XT was just too much. Would’nt have been now I have to invset in some new jockey wheels though.
    Just interested if anyone else with SLX has had same issues re wear so I can harrass Mr Shimano.
    As an aside whats the quality like of Tacx T4060 replacements-worth the extra?

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)

The topic ‘2010 SLX long cage rear mech-anyone had premature bottom jockey wheel failure?’ is closed to new replies.