Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • 2010 SCALPEL 3 OR 2009 YETI ASR-SL
  • scoobymart
    Free Member

No biased apinions please.Got to bikes above in mind and i really do not know which one to go for.This bike will only be used for pleasure and not hardcore mtb racing.regards scoobymart

warpcow
    Free Member

Everytime Scalpels get reviewed they come across as the hardcorest of hardcore race bikes. Have you looked at the Rize instead?

peteimpreza

What a bout a Rush?

I have the previous model Scalpel which is great but I suggest does not fit your needs.

Garry_Lager

Can't speak to the yeti. I did have a scalpel for a good few years and it is a stand out bike. I did no hardcore racing at all, just general MTBing. I now have a rush – enjoyed the scalpel miles more.

The scalpel is an exceptional design – a brilliant bike that stands out. The rush is just another short travel XC bike – good, but really no better or worse than every other one on the market. So there's something to be said for riding a great bike – it used to put a spring in my pedal stroke 🙂

The only thing to maybe be wary of is the scalpel does have a bit of a head-down, racing fury type of geometry. I found it fine comfort wise – you could ride it all day, but it could be a real handful on technical stuff compared to a modern all mountain set up. I'd need to be restrained putting it through rocky step downs and the like – it would take a skilled rider to really blast a scalpel through technical sections IMO. No idea how the yeti compares.

ETA: Sry for the biased opinion!

nonk
    Free Member

i love my yeti. racing bike but with a slackish head angle.
    sounds like what you want.

TheFlyingOx

Have you thought about a Pronghorn PR6?

Just got the carbon version, and from what warpcow/Gary_Lager say, it would appear to be very similar to a Scalpel: head down/arse up scary-fast hooliganery.

Ugly bastards though…

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘2010 SCALPEL 3 OR 2009 YETI ASR-SL’ is closed to new replies.