Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • 2010 Rev's Race or Team
  • Jammy111
    Free Member

Basically i want to know if the blackbox damping is worth the extra over the MoCo? And if that is the only difference between the two.

Thanks

chakaping
    Free Member

I think it's way, way better.

What's the price difference though?

angryratio
    Free Member

both will function well.. your wallet will be lighter weight. That will only matter if you take it with you when riding.

Thats my cynical response.

xc-steve
    Free Member

Been heavily adviced to get Rev's with Blackbox damping too. Having said that went against it (only because I didn't realise at the time doh), can't say standard is much to complain about mind!

Scienceofficer
    Free Member

I have some 09 Reba SLs. They're notably more controlled and composed than my older pikes. Apparently the 09 damping stack was re-worked. The Moco cartridge is certainly different.

If the black box version is better, its very good indeed.

retro83
    Free Member

I have some 09 Reba SLs. They're notably more controlled and composed than my older pikes.

Which model number Pikes? Identical settings (floodgate/LSC/rebound) ?

I've got 09 Revs and 08 Pikes and the Moco cart appeared to be the same in both, prior to getting the rebound upgrade from Push at least.

Scienceofficer
    Free Member

My pikes are 06's I think. Same relative sag, same rebound damping. I don't use any LSC except for steep, slow and technical and that's engaged by the lockout.

The Moco on the Reba's is grey and has more and smaller 'holes'.

I had some 08 pikes that I had pushed – I've since sold them to fund the Reba's and I think the Reba's are as good as my pushed pike TBH. However, I've not had a chance to do some high speed stuff on dry summer trails since I've had the Rebas.

They may show up a weakness then. 8)

slowrider
    Free Member

ive never ridden the black box stuff but i like the motion control system. i had set of old pikes pushed a while back and liked the difference it made but it only really came in to its own on proper rough stuff and at decent speeds. you need to be honest with yourself and think if you need these upgrades IMO, if you are a smooth rider or dont see ragging it downhill as your forte then maybe the cash is better spent elsewhere? if thrashing it is what you are all about then its probably money well spent. i like to give it some on the downs and the 2010 revs ive got are flawless and thats with the standard motion control. they dont seem to spike like my old pikes used to or maybe im just running them set up different? i dunno!

snakebite
    Free Member

I have both…. I actually think the Race are better (at the moment)

Northwind

It's not an exact comparison between my older 426 Revelations and my new Teams, but the blackbox is noticably better. Worth the money? TBH I didn't really feel like there's anything wrong with motion control, I know some people criticise it but it always does a great job for me. So I'm not sure it is, but it's definately nice to have IMO.

rob2
    Free Member

I've got the 2010 team's and they are good. Better? Worth the extrsa £150 notes? moot call. I've got SID teams and SID race and can **** all difference.

FWIW the team's are u-turn (the ones I have) and you can fettle with the compression damping which is nice.

You can get 2010 U-turn team's for only £449, which is pretty good

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘2010 Rev's Race or Team’ is closed to new replies.