Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • 2010 Revelation opinions?
  • pritcsa
    Free Member

Am thinking of swapping my 2008 pushed pikes for a new set of Revelations. What experiences have people had with the new Revs? How heavy are they (real, not quoted weight) in bolt thru format?

Wookster

my mate fitted a pair of u-turn ones on his new bike and second ride out they made a huge snapping noise (sounded like the frame had gone.) and they now stop dead after about 20mm of travel! this and the sh!te reviews the lyriks have been getting I reckon they have a dodge batch out this year like fox did a few years back.

Davy
    Free Member

Mine have been fine so far (dual air, QR). Lighter than the Talas they replaced, and much plusher. Stiffer too. Can't really comment on their longevity yet, as they've only been in use since September, but they've not buckled under mt not inconsiderable heft yet! 🙂

oxnop
    Free Member

I recently sold my 2009 36's to buy some 2010 team rev's 150. I've had 2008 & 2009 revs, 2007,2008,2009 pikes, fox 140 rlc, f100 rl, float 100rlt etc etc and the 2010 revs (black box version) are by far the best I've tried (weight v's plushness v's cost)

bol

I've got the uturn teams and can't fault them. Haven't weighed them, but I reckon they're a good pound lighter than the coil pikes they replaced and just as plush.

sherry
    Free Member

I have the 09 rev's. I went for the all travel version as there is less to go wrong and have not had one hiccup with them in 7 months! Heard the Uturn version are not so good and few people have had a few probs. I also have the 09 Lyriks and the 2 step broke after just over an hour of light use! £570 in the sale is a lot of money for forks to break so easily and I'm still waiting on the warranty! Any brand/model of fork seems to be hit and miss these days.

piedidiformaggio
    Free Member

I've got a 2010 Revelation Team on my Blue Pig. It's the one with the Black Box internals and the Maxle.

Been using them for 6 weeks now and they've been absolutely faultless and very good over the rough stuff

Northwind

I've got a set of 08s on the Soul and a set of 09s for the Hemlock but I'll be replacing those with the 2010 u-turn maxles…

messiah
    Free Member

I'm also looking to replace some Pushed Pike's with Revelations… or possibly Magura Thor?

slowrider
    Free Member

ive just sold a set of pushed pikes which i thought were great but fancied something bigger for my ht.

i recently sold my talas 36 off my 5 to put 2010 revs on the front. they are the 150 maxle ones but motion control rather than black box. i love em! so impressed, weigh 3.8lbs with steerer cut to 200mm and work absolutely great. ill get them pushed at their 1st service or possibly upgrade to the new black box stuff if thts possible but for now they are great. im not gentle with them and they feel plenty stiff.

scruzer
    Free Member

onto my third pair of 010 duals/maxels 150mm! First pair dodgey bushing and seal, second pair 'drop out' not machined so wheel didnt sit correctly thus maxel would not thread through axle. 3rd pair so far good! Plush and very light for their performance…

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘2010 Revelation opinions?’ is closed to new replies.