Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • 2010 Reba Team vs 2012/13 Reba RL (29er)
  • andyl
    Free Member

I have 2 options:

2012/13 Reba RL – Fit a 120mm air shaft and a bottomless token kit to tune the solo air

2010 Reba Team – already 120mm and dual air so nice and easy to tune. Need to swap the hub to a 20mm one so can’t try it.

RL +ve’s: Better tyre clearance, don’t need to swap my front hub
    RL -ve’s: Solo air (not a fan of the air port or needing tokens), RL damper vs older black box? 120mm air shaft needed.

Team +ve’s: 120mm, Dual air – big fan and miss the 2008 SLs I gave to a friend, BB damper vs newer RL?
    Team -ves’s: Tyre clearance – 2.25 on a 30mm ID rim fits fine, not sure how close a 2.4 will be. Need to rebuild the wheel with the 20mm hub I have so can’t try it.

I do have a spare BB damper from a 120mm SID if it will fit in the RL and be better. Would get rid of the remote lockout too and give me some compression adjust.

cp

Be careful with a dual air… The air piston is easy to scratch at service, which means air leaks from +ve to -ve chambers, bogs the fork down and makes it unresponsive.

I’d much rather have a solo air second hand.

andyl
    Free Member

Already got both. Dual air is 100% (3rd dual air fork) but never had that problem nor heard of it. I do keep them well serviced and spotless so will give the bores a good look next time I service them. Thanks for the heads up.

Solo air wasnt equalising when i got it so had to strip and clean up the port. working now but needs tokens to tune it. Not sure about the damper vs the BB unit though and being poploc doesnt help tune it in.

andyl
    Free Member

whipped the RL damper out and the BB ones I have matches in length so looks a goer if it will be an improvement (and ditch the poplock).

Anyone know if the rebound on the 2013 RLs is on par with the older high lever rebas like the BloackBox team? Can’t see any options for different levels of damper shaft on the 2013 parts diagram and remember reading they did transfer some of the tech to the lower spec forks during the switch to solo air.

HoratioHufnagel
    Free Member

I’ve got a RL and i’m perfectly happy with it. Actually seems to spike less than the RCT3 on my other fork.

andyl
    Free Member

I cant say I have noticed a problem rebound wise. The problems I was having was lack of small bump response hence either needing to play with tokens in the single air or switch to dual.

I stripped the fork to see if it was a blocked port but that was working fine and i was happy it was equalising.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘2010 Reba Team vs 2012/13 Reba RL (29er)’ is closed to new replies.