Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • 2010 Orange 5 & ST4
  • Matt_B
    Free Member

Has anyone heard any news on the grapevine about the 2010 5 and ST4? I.e. any changes to either?

coatesy
    Free Member

Usually only groupsets/kit changes by the year with Orange,changes to the frames usually appear on the next batch produced(we'd had two different versions of 5 frame by about May this year).We're already seeing 2010 shocks on them now.

bowglie

If it's of any use/interest, the Orange Five frame that I've just built up has a 2010 RP23, which has Fox's new 'boost valve'. I loaned a 2009 (non-boost valved shock) demo bike for 5 days and IMO, the 2010 shock offers a noticeable improvement to an already great frame.

Rorschach
    Free Member

St4's getting fatter chainstays from now on.

elaineanne
    Free Member

just looked up the 'rp23 boost valve' shock and its approx £305 on the 'Rutland cycles' website… its says BUMPS disapear ! now that magic ! lol originally made for downhill courses.

bowglie

just looked up the 'rp23 boost valve' shock and its approx £305 on the 'Rutland cycles' website… its says BUMPS disapear ! now that magic ! lol originally made for downhill courses.

er..yea, I think the 'bumps disappear' is a bit of a exaggeration – if only someone could do that eh?! especially towards the end of a long ride.

sofatester
    Free Member

So to conclude, the 5 will still be an excellent bike?

v10
    Free Member

2010 Orange – No real changes as far as i can see on the 2010 5/st4 stuff, few spec tweaks and the Boostvalve rear shocks.

Five S – £TBC

Five Pro – £2499

Five AM – £2649

ST4 S – £TBC

ST4 Pro – £2399

speaker2animals

Or buy a road bike and ride on (HA HA HA) lovely, smooth tarmacadam! What's the point of wanting bumps to disappear? Better control over them yes, but elimination?

v10
    Free Member

Crush looks stonking value at £1100.

fozzybear
    Free Member

slacker HA and designed for longer forks overall reduction of 1.5deg
    (now for a 140 fork) over the old 130 designed AM 5 of last year.

v10
    Free Member

Oh and float XV shocks from us no longer make 'bumps dissapear', i hate that US marketing garbage 😆

Matt_B
    Free Member

Anyone got a new 2010 ST4 yet?

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘2010 Orange 5 & ST4’ is closed to new replies.