Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • 2010 5 spot value now its old fashioned ??
  • renton
    Free Member

Just wondering if it is worth selling now before it loses any more value so I can jump on the 650b bandwagon. 2010 Turner 5 spot frame, recently reufrbished and powdercoated in kawasaki green.Although its a 2010 frame it was bought new in 2012.

2012 rockshox revelation 150mm travel, remote lockout and 15mm maxle.

2012 hope wheels .. Mavic 719 rims and hope pro 2 evo hubs, new pawls and springs in the rear hub. New Continental Mtn king front tyre 2.4+ X king rear tyre 2.4

SLX 2 x 10 drivetrain inlcuding the following… SLX double chainset, SLX Shadow + rear mech, SLX 11-36 cassette and a SLX chain.

Uberbike stainless steel bottom bracket.

2012 deore front mech

2012 deore shifters.

2014 Shimano SLX Disc brakes with 160mm rotors

Easton Haven mag Stem 70mm

Easton Haven bars

Easton EC70 Carbon post

Hope headset and spacers

Hope seat quick release

Charge saddle

Uberbike lock on grips.

What do you think it would be worth realistically as a full bike ?

Vortexracing

TBH I thought you selling price of a grand was a good price.

Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

The length of time you had this up for sale for would suggest it’s not a very in demand bike. So your two choices are either to keep it, or if you really don’t like it, eBay it, take what paltry amount you get and move on.

Sad but true.

neiloxford
    Free Member

Every month you keep it you loose money. Put it on ebay and accept what you get. You have tried to sell it here about a hundred times so please for everyones sake stop advertising it here.

nuke

Don’t think £1000 is unreasonable but i think if you want £1000, given current ‘market conditions’, you may have to split it down and sell components individually.

br
    Free Member

Every month you keep it you loose money.

It’s already worth bu99er-all, just ride it.

Shackleton

I’d say you are unlikely to get much for it as everyone expects 26 to be dirt cheap as everyone else runs for the 650b marketing bandwagon. I think you would be lucky to clear £800-1000 for it (depends a bit on exact shock and fork model). Certainly not enough in my mind to justify selling a fully functioning bike. If it is a niche size you may have trouble shifting it at all.

You may have more luck splitting it and throwing it out to the 26 crowd as the only people that seem to be buying 26 on here seem to be looking for a cheap upgrade part for their current set up rather than “investing” in something. Everything apart from the frame, forks and wheels can be swapped over to a new frame. Classifieds seems to be a bit slow unless things are the right price, 26 stuff seems to linger unless it is the exact thing someone wants and is priced low.

If it still works then ride it into the floor and save money for a whole new set up while you do. Things will change while you do this and you can then buy at the crest of the new niche!

binners

buy at the crest of the new niche!

26″ wheels? 😉

As a guide, I got less than 400 quid for an Intense 5.5 with a not too bad spec. Its worth what people are prepared to pay for it. And thanks not much unfortunately

TurnerGuy
    Free Member

Just ride it…

Why the massive need to get rid, what’s wrong with it?

Just keep it and have some lessons with Jedi so you can ride it better, using the money you would have lost/spent on a new bike.

TurnerGuy
    Free Member

Just ride it…

Just keep it and have some lessons with Jedi so you can ride it better, using the money you would have lost/spent on a new bike.

dyls

I’d just keep it unless you have money burning a hole in your pocket – im the same with a top spec 26″ blur lt. An inch or so in wheel diameter wont make the slightest bit of difference to us as we will be limited by skill and fitness before the wheel size.

br
    Free Member

Just ride it…

Luckily for me someone else on STW thinks that 26er’s are past it too – got me a 26″ Cube FS at a good price a couple of weeks ago, did a couple of laps of Glentress today and it’s brill 🙂

mildred

I struggled to sell my 2010 5 spot in large – ended up selling it on eBay for about £350, and that was before the 650b thing happened. The problem with that particular model year is that people are aware that as good as it is/was the next generation with slacker 44mm headtube and bolt through back end was much more popular. Also, 2010’s were sold off by CRC & Merlin at massively reduced prices. Additionally, isn’t yours an XL size – that seriously reduces your market size.

I would definitely consider stripping it and selling the frame on eBay (due to the massive exposure), and ensure it’s available to European ebayers – there’s loads of good couriers that will transport to Europe at reasonable prices – it cost me £40 to send my Marin Frame to Switzerland – the winning bidder paid the delivery costs, so you’re not out of pocket.

suburbanreuben
    Free Member

You asked a similar question 9months ago:
    http://singletrackworld.com/forum/topic/why-isnt-my-frame-selling-old-26-frame-query

It’s probably worth a bit less than it was then.
    What happened to the new owner, BTW?

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

The topic ‘2010 5 spot value now its old fashioned ??’ is closed to new replies.