Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)
  • 2009 Mega Avalanche Entry now open
  • Conor
    Free Member
    MikeAyles
    Free Member

I’ve got my entry in. Gold pack with Megadust 4.

grumm
    Free Member

Hmm – what do all the different options mean?

Conor
    Free Member

basically number of days you get a lift pass for and platinum includes the DH race on the wednesday.

I’m doing Bronze this year (thurs-sunday) as I’ll probably spend mon-wed at les duex alps anyway.

marionheck
    Free Member

me and the missus have joined – does anyone else think this is a stupid way of spending our honeymoon!!!!!????

Taz

Very jealous

Won’t be going this year. Mrs Taz s 40 on teh FRiday of Qualifying. Seems that she does not think taht would be a good way to spend her 40th celebrations 😥

Will be back in 2010 hopefully

lunge

Before i enter, is it possible to it on a hardtail (a small tough one) and how much DH experience do you need to ensure you don’t die?

Diawl
    Free Member

Yes and not a lot.

Conor
    Free Member

Lunge, yeah, HT is OK but it’s a really long DH track with the odd climb or flat bit so will be painful. I’d only attempt it on a HT if you are very confident and ride DH a bit on a HT. It’s really tough on the arms, but not that technically difficult.

Third year in a row for me 🙂

wheelz
    Free Member

Right, that’s me entered for my showdown with our gobby ex-MotoGP rider.

If I get to the bottom with no broken bones then I’ll count that as a victory!

twohats
    Free Member

I couldn’t think of anything worse than riding down a mountain with hundreds of mincers in the way…

twohats
    Free Member

You have to qualify to get to the front.

psychle
    Free Member

Nice vid Conor, some interesting line choices you took in order to get some overtaking opportunities!

Doesn’t look as hairy as I thought it’d be… maybe I’ll give it a shot 🙂

wheelz
    Free Member

I can’t think of anything worse than mincing down a hill being overtaken by hundreds of riders 😀

But I’m still going to give it a go.

mboy
    Free Member

wheelz – Member

Right, that’s me entered for my showdown with our gobby ex-MotoGP rider.

If I get to the bottom with no broken bones then I’ll count that as a victory!

Eh? Who?

Regarding riding it on a hardtail, well, it’s been done! That said it wouldn’t be my weapon of choice personally. Something like the Lapierre Spicy (these were everywhere last year!) would be ideal I reckon, 160mm both ends and close to 30lb all up weight.

grumm
    Free Member

It keeps saying an error has occurred when I try to register – oh well its probably for the best in terms of my future health.

MikeAyles
    Free Member

Great video’s Conor!

that dodgy music, it certainly raises hairs after last year!

wheelz
    Free Member

mboy – Member

Eh? Who?

Anthony West, who had a lucky escape this year when he signed for Stiggy Honda.

grumm
    Free Member

I’ve just entered – uh oh! Time to get in training – never actually been on a dh course yet 😛

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)

The topic ‘2009 Mega Avalanche Entry now open’ is closed to new replies.